Summary: Let's take a look at what God promises and the way he does that
- Let's take a look at what God promises and the way he does that
PROMISE: "Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will name him John."
- against experience
- Zechariah is looking backwards instead of forward
PROMISE: "He will turn many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God."
- radical (radix)
- Zechariah is the first one to be turned around
PROMISE: "Because you did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled in their time, you will become mute, unable to speak, until the day these things occur."
- undoing our powers
- shut up more often
PROMISES KEPT: "Immediately after naming John John his mouth was opened and his tongue freed, and he began to speak, praising God."
- he is celebrating quite a journey
- may this celebration help us join Zechariah in his praising