Summary: Whatever the condition, God can bring restoration. He is not limited by the multitude or the magnitude of our problem.
PROPHESY TO THE DRY BONES
STUDY TEXT: Ezekiel 37:1-10
1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
- Whenever the hand of God comes upon a man, it can be for blessing or for judgment. In the case of Ezekiel here, the hand of God came upon him for a blessing. But in other instances, it can come for a curse, a punishment or a judgment. For instance in Acts 13:8-11, the hand of God came upon Elymas for a curse.
Acts 13:8-11: But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.
Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,
10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
- When it comes for blessing, certain things will be evident as we can see in the life of Ezekiel, there will be:
1. Divine leading.
2. Divine enlightenment or insight.
3. Divine fellowshipping.
4. Divine empowerment.
- It is my prayer that the hand of God will always be upon you for blessings and not for a curse in Jesus name. We are going to look at this study under three headings.
1. The problem with the dry bones.
2. The prophecy to the dry bones.
3. The progress to the dry bones.
1. THE PROBLEM WITH THE DRY BONES. Ezekiel 37: 1-3
1. They were many.
-The problem of any individual are always many, and most of the times people get discouraged and weighed down because of the multitudes of their problem, but the good news is that the multitude of problem cannot hinder the power of God. God has solution to every problem and He is not intimidated by them.
- The man with the legion of demons thought he could intimidate Jesus by their number, but Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit sent all of them out. I prophesy to your life that all the problems of your life shall give way to the power of God, and your joy shall be full in Jesus name.
2. They were very dry.
- This has to do with the length of time they have been there and also indicated that their condition was a very hopeless one.
- No situation is hopeless before God until we declare them so. Lazarus had been buried for four days, and all hope were lost about his case, and the people believed as at that time he will be decaying and stinking, but Jesus said despite that, there is hope for every situation when God is involved in it. He called upon God and Lazarus came back again to life and the body was restored back fresh.