Summary: pushing toward the goal and receiving the promises of God.
Exo 3:7 And Jehovah said, I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt; I have heard their cry because of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows.
Exo 3:8 And I am coming down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, to bring them up out of that land, to a good land, a large land (a spacious land), to a land flowing with milk and honey.
o This is the time of the year for reflection and projection
Reflect on what has happened in the previous year or further in the past.
Project on what we want to accomplish in the coming year.
o This is the time of the year when we make our new years resolutions
o A time for making promises
o A time of expectation and all of us will say 2011 is going to be the best year ever, but nothing changes until we change.
o If we are going to get the best out of 2011 we are going to have to PUSH through some things.
It is like a farmer expecting a harvest when he has not sown any seeds into the ground.
Nothing just happens, if we want to see change in 2011 we are going to make some changes. It is a form of insanity to do the same thing over and expect different results.
We cant fully change that’s why we need God to help us change from the inside out, every true change comes from the inside first, God will help us but we have to do our part then he can do his part.
Definition of push
• to apply pressure against for the purpose of moving
• to move by exerting force against it
• to bear hard upon or press
• to advance despite difficulty or opposition : press forward
• to expend great or vigorous effort.
Psa 103:2-5 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: (3) Who forgives all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; (4) Who redeemed thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving-kindness and tender mercies; (5) Who satisfies thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
This is the life god has given me and I am going to make the very most of it
Heb 12:1 Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2 looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God.
We must notice that our life/ race is laid out before us it’s route, length and obstacles are already laid out.
In 2010 we have to push through the promises that are install for us.
1. Push through the past
• The past has a fire like hypnosis, we cant stop looking at it.
• There are two sides to the past
all the victories and success story’s
they will build confidence but you still don’t want to live in the past because we have to push past to new levels
we can use past victories to build a memorial of what God has done in our lives, we can be like David who used his past victories to encourage himself
• I killed a lion, a bear who is this uncircumcised philistine
• David knew who God is. He knew what God can and has done
• Share my past victory stories
• Even though we have great victories we don’t want to live in the past we want to Push to the new levels
• God does not stand still he keeps on moving just like the Israelites if they stood still they would of missed out of Gods blessing and they would of never reached the promised land, we have to create a momentum.
All the mistakes and bad things that we were involved in
Bad experiences that we experienced
• Maybe you stole, wrong relationships or dinking.
• Share a bit of self.
The devil will always come and remind you of all you past.
• He will come and whisper what you did, he like you to feel unworthy to do anything.
• Try and get you to live in the land of regret.
• Try and convince you that you will never amount to anything,
good news that we Serve a God that master in taking failures or people with issues and making them champions.