Summary: The message helps us to grasp the idea that this is the day the Lord has needs he needs Availability, Supporters, and the People Need deliverance.
Guess what day it is? Luke 19:28-40
The Geico Commercial Camel coming in office saying, "Guess what day it is?" is viewed on monitors.
Guess what day it was that Jesus rode into Jerusalem?
1. Many scholars agree that the triumph entry to Jerusalem was Sunday
• Monday Jesus overturns the tables in the temple
• Tuesday Jesus taught in parables warned people about the Pharisees and he predicted the destruction of the temple
• Wednesday we know nothing
• Thursday Jesus celebrated Passover
• Friday following betrayal, arrest, imprisonment, desertion, false trials, denial, condemnation, beatings and sentencing, Jesus carried his own cross to "The Place of the Skull,"
• Saturday Jesus lay in a tomb given by a rich man named Joseph
• Sunday stone was rolled away, death defeated, He’s Alive he said, I was dead behold I am alive forevermore
2. Guess what day it is? It the day The Lord has certain Needs
• This day the Lord Needs Availability The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.' "
• Let us be available we all have gifts let’s be available and use them If a man's gift. 7 is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. Romans 12:6-8
• Guess what day it is It’s the day the Lord needed a donkey when he sent the disciples ahead he said, 31If anyone asks you, `Why are you untying it?' tell him, `The Lord needs it.' " donkey maybe better known as “The Christ Bearer”
3. Guess what Day it is? It is the day that our Lord needs Supporters
• Julie Julie guess what day it is? Mike Mike Mike guess what day it is, the camel looked for supporters
• Jesus looked for supporters to. The text says 35They threw their cloaks on the colt and put Jesus on it. 36As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road. 37, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: 39Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!" 40"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." I think Jesus desires supporters
• How do we support Jesus by helping others. How about carrying Non perishable lunch bags for the homeless in your car when you see someone asking for money for food . They have a meal
4. Guess what day it is? It’s the day The Lord needs Availability, The Lord needs Supporters, This Day the People need “Help” they cry out Hosanna
• Hebrew and Aramaic phrase that means "Help!" or "Save us!" “I beg you to save!” or “please deliver us!”
• They thought Jesus would defeat Rome’s Control like Samson conquered Philistines
• The people desire a deliverer like Moses who cried out “come see the salvation of the lord” and the Red sea parted and Pharaohs army drowned
• This Messiah would save, help, deliver by means of his own death for forgiveness of sin
• Guess what day it is? Its my Day the day I get to be the DONKEY Christ Bearer