Summary: This new year as Isaiah was called to send the message we t o each day are called to send the message of hope, peace, love, and joy. Let this be our goal for the New year!
“Send the Message” Isaiah 61:1-10
1. I have been called to send the message
• Isaiah says, “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, God says, Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I HAVE PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM." God has sent me to bring a message.
• Note not just anyone has anointed me but it is God HE is the one on whom God has poured out the Spirit, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. I have been called
2. Isaiah had a message from God the message is Good News Isaiah was sent to preach “Good News”
• Hear the Good News Isaiah shared, I was sent “to bind up “bind up the brokenhearted” means that those who are broken (or oppressed or humbled) of heart will have their wounds bound up to promote healing.
• Hear the Good News Isaiah shares, “I was sent to “proclaim”. OR to herald (Hear ye hear ye all ye people. This is the year of the Lords Favor refers to the year of Jubilee or the time when debts forgiven prisoners released.
• Hear the Good News Isaiah shares I was set to offer comfort to those who mourn and to provide for those who grieve. He offered a day of hope is here.
• Hear the Good News Isaiah shares restoration there will be a crowns of beauty instead of ashes, ( ashes were usually worn by those who mourn.) the land will be restored . They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.
3. We are called to send the message as Isaiah was he shared Good News
• Remember the spirit of God is upon us to. We are like Isaiah we are called to send the message the message of hope, love, joy and peace.
• Remember Isaiah was sent to bind up we to are sent to give the message of one who can help the broken, offer light to those in darkness, to offer comfort for those who mourn those who feel regret or sadness we can offer hope.
• Each day this year we can send the message to proclaim to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor . As we step out into this world remember not only is Mary highly favored but all peoples are favored of God. Every life you encounter this new year matters, has value, they are useful,
• Each morning we arise remember we have been sent to send the message “this is the day that the Lord has made let us be glad and rejoice in it. “
• We have been called to send the message “Be Happy”
• We can send the message God restores those who are in sin, restores life’s by offering all forgiveness, God changes circumstances but if circumstances don’t change God can change our attitude towards them.
4. We have been called to Send the message
• God called disciples to send the message God calls us to
• We are called Christian meaning we are called to send the message of living Christ-like.
• Send the message of the cross healing, love, forgiveness, hope.
• Wake up each day with the message Today is a good day a day to herald Good News