Summary: Sermon is sharing how at times God has even said, "That's Enough".
Ann Crews told me once after prayer preacher That’s enough . It was one of those prayers that simply put God just allowed the words to flow. Ann was on some medications I am sure and as I was praying Ann said, "preacher that's enough". I just laughed and laughed and Ann did to.
1. People in today’s Text may have said to God “that’s Enough”
• Sometimes the enemies of Israel may have said “WE have seen enough of this Great God of Israel” 51Now when all the Amorite kings Canaanite kings along the coast heard how the LORD had dried up the Jordan before the Israelites had crossed over, they no longer had the courage to face the Israelites.
• I’m sure the men of Israel once said oh God “This is enough let’s just stop here” 2 the LORD said to Joshua, "Make flint knives and circumcise the Israelites again."
• The Israelites probably said Thank God that’s enough Manna 11The day after the Passover, that very day, they ate some of the produce of the land: 12The manna stopped the day after they ate from the land;
2. There have been Times that God said “That’s Enough
• God said I will never destroy humanity by a flood “that’s enough” Gen 9:11 I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."
• God Offers Israel Provisions The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night guided the Israelites during their exodus from Egyptian bondage. This allowed them to travel by day and by night.
• At Morah Israel complained about no water, God said, “that’s enough complaining” God told Moses to strike a rock with his staff, calling forth a bubbling spring.
3. God says, “I will give “Just Enough” I will make provisions along the way
• One day, long ago, the Hebrews, came from slavery in Egypt and at the point of starvation in the wilderness, woke up to find bread from heaven! Not just once a day but every day for years
• God provided them flocks of quail, easy to catch, along with the gift of manna from heaven.
4. God says, “Thats Enough” I am going to give you “Manna” that will preserve you
• Manna was the gift God gave the Hebrews daily, to preserve their lives.
• What is it? Is what manna means
• Some Bible scholars have tried, over the years, to figure out what manna was. There are all kinds of theories. Some say it was the secretions of certain insects; others, tree sap; still others, a sort of edible fungus that sprang up during the night. The bottom line is, nobody really knows. To the authors of the Bible, it’s a miracle
5. God says “That’s Enough” I-am your God that gives Providence “ I will take care of you”
• The preacher William Sloane Coffin said, “I have seen Jesus change sinners into saints, hate-filled relations into loving ones, cowardice into courage, the fatigue of despair into hope. In instance after instance, life after life, I have seen salvation revealed.
• Providence is the capital of Rhode Island. That city was named by founder, Roger Williams. He gave thanks for “God’s merciful providence” in leading him and his followers to that place. The settlers of Rhode Island didn’t discover manna on the ground, but they did find plenty of game in the forest and fish in the streams. That was manna enough for them.
6. God says, “That’s Enough, and God gives “Just Enough”
• The Cross of Christ is enough
• The Blood that flows form Emmanuel vein is enough to wash away all my guilty sins
• The Amazing Grace of Jesus is Just enough to save a wretch like me
• The Hill called Calvary is Just enough it is the emblem of suffering and shame where a world of lost sinners was slain.
• God is coming with a shout what will he say? “Enough” "Enough suffering, enough starvation, enough terror, enough death, enough indignity, enough lives trapped in hopelessness. Enough sickness and disease, and enough time. Enough.