Summary: Nebuchadnezzar certainly fits the profile of an unreachable!
OPEN BIBLES TO Daniel 3 & 2 Peter 3:9 (Lot’s Scriptures Today)
1. UNREACHABLE. IMPOSSIBLE. NO WAY. NEVER!
2. Whether we admit it or not, there seems to be those in our lives that are just way out there. They just seem SO unreachable!
a. Oh I know God loves the world, but some to them… no way!
b. Terrorists in a foreign country. Criminals.
c. Those that cause the headaches & heartaches in life!
d. An aunt? A cousin? A boss. A friend… NO WAY!
NOTE: It’s an interesting thing isn’t it?
• With all of our love for God & all of our faith & all of our hope
1 John 4.19 We love Him because He first loved us.
Romans 2.4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
AND STILL there lingers that renegade thought… NOT THEM!
• No way, he’ll never get saved. Can’t happen. Not her!
NOTE: Not only that, but we’re here! Yes US!
1 Cor. 1.26-27 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
We’re the unreachables of the 50’s or 60’s or 70’s or 80’s or 90’s.
• Each one of us with a story to tell, a testimony to share!
The whole movement of Calvary Chapel was birthed through, “Gang Members, Drug Addicts, mental patients, society’s rejects. The amazing story of Calvary Chapel and the unlikely leaders God called!
• And in each generation God has reached down to the ‘guttermost’ to change & transform lives. You get the picture!
• I’m glad He did. I’m glad He does. I’m glad He will!
Nebuchadnezzar certainly fits the profile of an UNREACHABLE!
• Of all the people in the Word, he is the least likely candidate to encounter God.
• He’s so POWERFUL & PROSPEROUS, so SELF-SUFFICIENT & SUCCESSFUL. A world ruler who’s Pompous & Prideful!
• No way would this guy even consider God let alone have a life transforming experience… but he did!
NOW TAKE the person that’s in your mind… that man, that woman.
• And consider this truth: they are not out of reach. (PERIOD)
• As a matter of fact, they are probably closer than you think.
• We serve a God who is not only willing, but is also able to save anyone, anywhere, under any circumstances.
2 Peter 3.9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter 3.9 (NLT) The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent.
A PATIENT GOD? A LOVING GOD? A SAVING GOD? Oh YES & YES
Hebrews 7.25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
Nebuchadnezzar found this out!
I. (4:1-3) MY TESTIMONY
1. (1) Peace Be Multiplied to You.
a. These are the words of a changed man. No longer in fury, or rage, or threatening… Peace be multiplied to you!
b. How do we know of God’s great power? Look around!
c. Your testimony goes right alongside of this King’s!
NOTE: Our testimony is a powerful tool to reach those around us.
• It’s our story, really it’s God’s story through us.
• We could call it the “Chronicles of God!” as he moves in a life.
• Every single one of us has a past & an encounter & a change.
• Remember that young man in John 9? LET’S TURN THERE.
• Pharisees are enraged over miracle… but he doesn’t back down.
• Key verses are 9:11-12, 18-20, 24-25! I know what I know!
NOTICE, Nebuchadnezzar went from a ANGRY ANTAGONIST to a WILLING WITNESS. Daniel, a regular man was used to reach him.
APP: That’s our calling… to reach the lost.
• How does God save the kings & rulers & pompous & proud?
• Through us! Let’s jump back to 1 Cor. 1:26ff
• God has chosen the foolish things of the world. What?
• He’s going to use regular folk just like (ME & You) to take the message to those who are strong & mighty & of nobility.
NOTICE in v26… the words ‘are called’ are in italics.