Summary: Not all that believe are saved
Ready for Salvation?
INTRO: Very hard or difficult truth
1. Not all that believe are saved
a. Not all that has the normal accepted evidence of salvation
2. Many think cause they have done something, God has to or
is required to save
a. The hard truth is, there is NOTHING we can do to save
our self or earn salvation
3. This message may challenge your assurance of Salvation
a. Many don’t dare, but I have never been too smart
1. I don’t know how to quit when I am ahead
b. But if I can make your security, your assurance of salvation
rocky then you need more salvation than you have
c. If I can steal your salvation, then you never had the
salvation Jesus gives
1. You need the real thing. Nothing more important than your salvation
& knowing for sure that you are saved
I. Some that are NOT Jn 2:23-25
A. Are all those that says that they are saved, saved?
1. Some Jesus did not commit to, something was or was not right
a. Judas Iscariot
b. Mt 7:21-23 Lord Lord
c. Blind seing Pharisee yet still in sin, Jn 9:39-41
d. Pharisee in the temple Lk 18:11-14
1. One was ready and the other Not
a. The religious Pharisee was not but the sinner, the publican was
2. What made the difference?
B. There are some that think they are right & ready, yet are not
*jim Fixx For 15 years Jim Fixx, author of the 1978 bestseller, The Complete Book on Running, ran eighty miles a week. He appeared to be in tip-top shape. It didn’t seem possible that a man his age could be in better condition. Yet at age fifty-two Fixx died of a massive heart attack while running alone on a Vermont road. His wife, Alice, later said she was certain that Fixx had no idea he suffered from a heart problem. Why? Because he refused to get regular checkups. After Jim Fixx’s death, doctors speculated that his heart was so strong he may not have had the telltale chest pains or shortness of breath that usually signal heart disease! [sermonillustrations. com].
1. Just as Jim Fixx was mistaken about his physical well-
a. Many people today are mistaken about their spiritual
1. The sad truth is that many people who think they are Christians are
2. They think they are on the road to heaven when they are actually on
the road to destruction.
2. There are some that has done all they could to be ready
a. They have performed to their understanding of morality &
3. Are those who think the following is all that is required to
a. Be a good person but it isn’t good enough
All have sinned…. There is none righteous,
Ps 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
b. Obey the law, the ten commandment, thou shat not
1. Not killed, don’t steal, no adultery
a. Any perfect, sinless? Broken the law guilty
1. What will you do about that guilt?
2. What law do we obey for eternal life?
Ga 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, [it is] evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Ga 3:21 [Is] the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.