Summary: Have you ever felt like your past has disqualified you from fulfilling God’s plan for your life? Have religious people made you feel disqualified? Are you tired of feeling this way? LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
• Have you ever felt like your past has disqualified you from fulfilling God’s plan for your life?
• Have religious people made you feel disqualified? (Or is it in your head? The devil will do that too… especially if you are prone to “victim mentality”.)
• Are you tired of feeling this way? LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
I. Biblical Examples of Screw-Ups who were “Blessed-Up” by God!
A. Moses – Stutterer & Murderer
1. God used this flawed man to set and entire nation free from bondage after 400 years!
B. David – Adulterer & Carnal Schemer
1. David not only sinned but he tried to hid it by preying on the loyalty of Bathsheba’s husband.
2. This is an example of failure after God had raised him up.
a. If you fail after God has raised you up it doesn’t mean that God wants to throw you away! (Man will because they are carnal but God still sees value in you)
C. Peter – Betrayer
1. He denied even knowing Jesus at the crucifixion
2. God used him to be one of the top leaders of His church after his repentance.
D. Samaritan Woman at the Well
1. Yes… God uses women and here is just one example in the Bible of that!
2. Jesus told her that He knew what she had been involved in and He still commissioned her to go and preach!
a. God knows all about you and He is still on your team!
b. There really is CLEANSING POWER through the blood of Jesus!
E. Hosea & Gomer (Addiction… God kept telling Hosea to go back and get her)
1. Hosea was a prophet and his wife was an on and off prostitute.
2. Every time she would leave him and go back to it, God would tell him to go get her. (She wouldn’t qualify in a lot of churches today! But God…)
a. Others may give up on you but God won’t!
3. Switch Addictions
a. Get addicted to the Gospel!
b. Allow yourself to get attached to something that will change people’s lives for the better! – IT’S A BETTER RUSH!
15. I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)
16. That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with us, and laboureth.
II. What does the Bible say about YOU?
A. God has not called the righteous but sinners to repentance – Matthew 9:13
1. The Church shouldn’t be a courtroom for the lost but a hospital for the broken.
2. Sometimes those of us who are “seasoned saints” develop critical spirits and become “critical saints”. (We have to guard against this)
B. Not many mighty, not many noble are called… God has chosen the beggarly elements of this world. – 1 Corinthians 1:22-29 (Read)
C. He that will be first shall be last. - Mark 10:31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.
D. Come unto me ALL who are heavy laden…
28. Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest.
29. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
30. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.
III. It’s Your Turn!
A. God will turn your life around!
1. So… you’ve messed up? Haven’t we all?
2. If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves… and the truth is not in us! – 1 John 1:8
a. Many are living in spiritual deception today because they have bought into the lie that they are ok!
b. You can’t live for the devil and go to heaven!
B. Real Talk
1. Romans 3:23 – All have sinned
2. Romans 6:23 – You will reap wages from somewhere. (Payday is coming)
C. Heaven and Hell are Real!
1. Hell was prepared for the devil and his cohorts
2. Heaven was prepared for those who follow Jesus Christ1
3. Address the “desensitization of eternity”.
a. Hollywood would have you believe that the Bible is just an ancient book full of good stories they can profit from at the box office. (Not to mention their inaccuracies and moral ineptitude)
b. Our liberal education system would have you believe that the doctrines of heaven and hell are allegorical much like Eastern Mysticism.
1) Paul addressed this on Mars Hill – Acts 17
c. The Modern Church has moved away from the message of the Cross in favor of something a little more pleasing to our ears.