Summary: Some Reasons why I have given my life to Preach the Gospel to the nations for the past 60 years.
Reasons That I Preach the Gospel
A Preacher's humor.
A man went to see his doctor for advice about being cured of snoring. The doctor asked, "Does your snoring disturb your wife?"
The patient replied, "Does it disturb my wife? Why it disturbs the entire congregation."
Some Reasons why I have given my life to Preach the Gospel to the nations for the past 60 yeas .
I: God’s Word tells me to preach the Word.
(Mark 16:15 KJV) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
A. This is the only credentials I need or any child of God needs.
1. The word preach means speak, live and demonstrate the Gospel.
2. Everyone can do this
II. I am called to preach the Gospel. I am an Evangelist, I know my calling.
(Eph 4:11 KJV) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
A. I am a gift to the Church.
1. I have a divine call on my life.
2. A prepared messenger is more important than a prepared message. Robert Munger.
III. The Gospel is the Power of God!
(Rom 1:16 KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (1 Cor 1:18 KJV) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
A, There is no greater power, with God all things are possible.
1. All God's giants have been weak men and women who did great things for God because they reckoned on God's power and presence being with them.
IV. I want to beat the grave and death.
(Mat 24:14 KJV) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
A. One way to overcome death is if Jesus returns to earth and that Day is soon.
V. It changes lives.
(2 Cor 5:17 KJV) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
A. No one can change lives like Jesus, He can woo the gambler from cards, the addict from the needle, the drunkard from the cup.
1. And of course He changed my life completely.
2. A.B. Simpson is reported to have said that the gospel "Tells rebellious men that God is reconciled, that justice is satisfied, that sin has been atoned for, that the judgment of the guilty may be revoked, the condemnation of the sinner cancelled, the curse of the Law blotted out, the gates of hell closed, the portals of heaven opened wide, the power of sin subdued, the guilty conscience healed, the broken heart comforted, the sorrow and misery of the Fall undone.