Summary: There are some things a Christian ought to be willing to shout about.
REASONS TO SHOUT
A. A TRUMPET IS A BOLD INSTRUMENT WHICH MAKES A BOLD SOUND
1. A trumpet is not what we would call a "mellow" instrument.
2. A trumpet is an instrument which is blown for bold actions.
3. A trumpet is not sounded for timid, wimpy Mr. Milktoast to enter the room.
B. THE CHRISTIAN VOICE IS TO BE LIKE A TRUMPET
1. Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet...
2. We are to shout.
3. We are to sound an alarm.
4. We are to be like a trumpet.
C. SOMETHING TO SHOUT ABOUT
1. A little boy was riding his bike down the street shouting
2. He shouted taunts at all the dogs
3. He shouted greetings to all of his friends
4. Then he rode off shouting, "Whooo Eeeee! YIYIYI!"
5. An elderly gentleman stopped him and asked him what was wrong.
6. The young boy replied, "Nothin’ I just like to holler..."
7. Those at ball games, have nothing to really shout about
8. Even a Superbowl only lasts a few hours and it’s over
9. But, we have some eternal things to shout about!
I. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DOMINATES THE EARTH
1 O clap your hands, all ye people; SHOUT unto God with the voice of triumph. 2 For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. (KJV)
A. HE IS THE KING OF ALL THE EARTH (v.2)
1. That’s something worth shouting about
2. Our God is a GREAT KING
3. Our God is KING OVER ALL THE EARTH
B. BLESSED IS THE PEOPLE WHOSE GOD IS THE LORD
Ps 144:15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD. (KJV)
II. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DESPISES SIN
Isaiah 58:1 Cry ALOUD, spare not, lift up thy voice LIKE A TRUMPET, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
A. A TRUMPET MAKES AN AWFUL NOISE WHEN ONE IS ASLEEP
1. At Hope Camp in Central Texas they woke us up with a trumpet
2. It was a camp for juvenile delinquent boys
3. Even though I was a counselor, I still hated the trumpet call
4. When someone tells us about sin, at first it may be hard for us to listen.
5. Most don’t want to hear that trumpet sound.
6. They want a preacher who is into sharing, suggesting, and soothing them in their sins.
7. They don’t want someone who will sound the signal of alarm.
B. THOSE IN DANGER OF HELL NEED TO BE SIGNALED!
1. There are those who are in DANGER of going to HELL
2. Matt 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in DANGER of the judgment:,
3. Matt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in DANGER of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in DANGER OF HELL FIRE.
4. Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in DANGER OF ETERNAL DAMNATION:
C. THOSE IN DENIAL OF THE DEVIL NEED TO BE SIGNALED!
1. There are many in supposedly Christian pulpits today claiming they don’t believe in the devil.
2. The devil sits in their churches shouting,"Neither do I!"
3. Bold Christians need to stand up for the truth and shout a warning!
D. THOSE IN DOCTRINES OF DECEPTION NEED TO BE SIGNALED!
1. 1 Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2. There are demonic doctrines leading people astray.
3. When you enter a conversation and take on the falsehoods of the Mormons or the JWs, you have the same effect as shouting or blowing a trumpet.
4. It grates on their nerves, they don’t want to hear it.
5. But, God has called you to let them hear it. To sound the trumpet!
6. God has called you to boldly proclaim the TRUTH!
7. The TRUTH is JESUS! (John 14:6)
III. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD DEFENDS US
Ps 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever SHOUT for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. (KJV)
A. NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER
Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.(KJV)