Summary: This message is to teach you how to close the door on fear, by strengthening your faith in God and solidifying your confidence in His Word.
Recession: This is not the Time to Fear
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1 Peter 1:6-9 Regardless to whatever situation that you are there are 3 things that we should never compromise.
1. My peace
2. My praise (our fire for God)
3. Our position of faith: when you believe God I will not be moved no matter what I hear.
This is not the Time to Fear
My assignment today is to settle you. We are all worked up due to what we hear from the news. The Spirit of the Lord told me to people will not hear me until they are settled. I need you to rob them of their fear that they might lose something. Sheep are not comfortable around troubled waters.
Fear is devastating, fear is destructive, fear is distractive, fear is deceitful, and fear is dominating.
Eph 2:10 & Amp When God brought you here, he had already pre-arranged your outcome. This famine did not take Him by surprise.
*You cannot marry faith until you first divorce fear.
Psalms 112:1 Bad news will not move me, because my heart is fixed.
Luke 21:9 Once you get rid of fear peace will settle in.
Philippians 1:28 If you do not handle this time in faith, fear will rob you of position in God.
Matthew 6:25-31 this is the time of the Kingdom Seekers. A lot of church folk are not going to make it in this time of recession.
Recession- a temporary decline in economic activity, a slump due to a collapse of something.
Job 3:25 You cannot afford to worry. There is something about worrying that attracts certain things in your life. What you fear will find you. “I always knew that that would happen to me” fear brings what you do not want faith brings what you need.
7 negative influences of fear
1. Fear paralyzes you; once you are paralyzed you do nothing, wait on others, and become immobile. You will not move until someone moves you. (man at the pool was paralyzed)
2. Fear postpones, you wait for perfect conditions.
3. Fear punishes, it constantly reminds you of missed opportunities. (door)
4. Fear procrastinates, it has no plan for today therefore it puts of what you need to do today.
5. Fear prohibits, it bans and disallows dreams, desires and success. They are not risk-takers.
6. Fear proscribes, it give you an excuse for failure and stagnation. You start making excuses. (color, gender, and culture)
7. Fear poisons, it contaminates with its venom of hopelessness, despair, and depression. (They congregate to poison others).
Mark 5:22 We need to make a decision to stay informed. We are not making right decisions due to lack of information.