Summary: THE CHRISTIAN YOUTHS MUST BE POWERED UP TO BE ABLE TO RESIST THE ENEMIES AND TO BE ON FIRE FOR THE LORD EVEN IN THIS END TIME
THE RELEVANCE OF THE CHRISTIAN YOUTH IN THE 21ST CENTURY
TEXT- 1 TIMOTHY 4:12-13
“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine”.
These were the words of Apostle Paul to timothy; the great apostle used this to warn every youth that no man is lawfully permitted to useless their lives or to take undue advantage of their living.
Youths should know their God and serve the one true God in their youthful age. Every Christian youth must rise and shine because the earth has been given to God‘s people to bring down the Kingdom of God to this world and for the propagation of the gospel to places where Jesus Christ is not yet glorified.
God has bestowed a lot abilities and privileges to the youths; the youths are much closer to development and the trend of things in the society so this gives them an edge in knowing the things that are relevant in the church and society. The youths are potential visionaries. The Christian youths are the future of the church and the society, they are the hope and they are that glorious tomorrow that many dream of. If they are not well equipped and empowered spiritually, academically and economically that glorious future that many dream of will be lost.
Due to the heavenly task given to the Christian youths, their minds are being molded to indulge in the following:
1) Listening to the word of God
2) Accepting the word of God
3) Believing the word of God
4) Practice the word of God
5) Speaking the word of God with boldness and without fear
The Christian youths have been given special abilities to make the world to glorify God. When you study Romans 8:19; “For the earnest expectation of the creature waits for the manifestation of the sons of God”.
These are the demands and expectations of the world for the Christian youths
1) Every Christian youth should empower and develop others through the process of teaching and delegation so that they will experience fulfillment in their destinies and divine purposes here on earth. It is really important for these youths to train others but how can they teach others if they are not taught so it is very important that every Christian youth must be a disciple of Christ and make other disciples through close mentoring and guidance.
2) They should build a team of strong people of God that will focus on what has called them to accomplish. To everybody, God has given a special ability and all hands must be at work for a good result in the Kingdom work of God. Building a team must start with giving your life to Jesus Christ and obeying His word which is to be born again. Then when this is established, they are now vessels of honor in the Hands of God and not vessels of dishonor. When you use non Christians as your team members, they become loop holes for the enemy to strike and scatter the team.
3) We all acknowledge that we are in the end times so the Christian youths must get more work done in less time without becoming a victim of the devil. Honestly, time is running out and it does not call for weak Christian to remain on the field. When you spend longer time in the field more than God designed, if God leaves the scene at the right time, you begin to do your will which spoils the work of God. The Christian youths must understand the times and season of their environment because understanding determines your efficiency. God demands wise workers in this work.
4) Christian youths must organize themselves and work to organize the church with professional commitment.
5) Every Christian youth should work to reduce the vision of the church to reachable goals and design plans to achieve them.