Summary: This is the 8th sermon in the series "David’s Lamp".
Series: David’s Lamp (Kings Of Judah) #8
1. If you have heard very many sermon, Sunday School lessons, Bible studies, etc…; you have heard that you need to repent. Jesus said, “Repent for the kingdom of heaven is near” (Matthew 4:17). Jesus told the Pharisees, “But unless you repent, you too will all perish” (Luke 13:3).
2. Paul gives us a good picture concerning repentance in Acts 26:20.
3. What is repentance? It is a change not only in attitude but in actions. It is a 180 degree turn. Our text gives us an illustration of repentance and an illustration of not repenting.
Note what was happening before Manasseh repented.
1. He replaced God and His worship with other things.
2. He placed a carved image in God’s Temple.
3. Not only did Manasseh sin but he led the people to do the same. God had destroyed other nations for doing less.
Note what led to the repentance and what God did.
1. Because of God’s mercy, He gave Manasseh an opportunity to repent. The opportunity came in the form of punishment.
2. When Manasseh humbled himself before God and repented it says, “The Lord was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea”.
3. Not only did God hear his pea, but God set him free. The result, “Then Manasseh knew that the LORD is God”.
Note the results of true repentance.
1. Rebuild for God.
2. Get rid of anything that you had put ahead of God and make God priority.
3. Worship God.
1. This is your choices. You can repent and go in God’s direction or you can refuse and do your own thing.
2. If you are here without Christ as your Savior, you must realize that you are a sinner, understand that the penalty for being a sinner is eternal death, repent of your sins, and believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for your sins on the cross and arose from the dead on the 3rd day.
3. Christians, if you are following anyone or anything besides God, you need to repent.