Summary: An Intro to the book of Ezra
RESTORATION IS NEEDED
- Restoration found on the INTERNET
- The Bab. Cap. Took place 900 yr. After Is. was in the land.
- Follow the King Line - CHART
- 3 Deportations - Upper class
- Skilled Craftsmen
- All but the poor
The difference between Restore and Rebuild
- Complete removal of the old & starting again
- Keeping to pattern, replacing the rotten, broken, shabby
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
The before and after conditions
Jesus is in the business of restoring - ex. miracles
☞ Restoration needed because of sin
- 2 K. 17:15-20
- Rebellion Against God
- Idols of the heart
- Leads to Judgment
- Ps 137
☞ Restoration is a work of God
- How often have you tried to change?
- Master craftsmen
- Is 61:1-2
THINGS ONLY GOD CAN DO
God draws people to himself
God causes people to seek after him
God reveals spiritual truth
God convicts the world of guilt regarding sin
God convicts the world of righteousness
God convicts the world of judgment
Blackaby “Experiencing God” Broadmen 1990 p.124
☞ Restoration changes all of the past
- Do you think the blind, lame, leper stayed where they were?
- Have you been changed?
Would you tell me what God is doing in your life?
What is God bring to the surface in your life?
What particular burden has God given you?
☞ Restoration gives praise to the Father -
- Passion consumes us