Summary: Study of the Book of Revelation
Heaven is final, Part 1
Two parts to this final message in Revelation – Heaven is revealed to you and I
Heaven is controlled and given by one, and always will be
- God created the world (Gen 1:1), and He sustains it to the very end – there is no other
- His delivery of this world is our hope (Jer 29:11) and what we need to live by
- V3: refers to 2 Cor 6:16; our eternal promise is fulfilled through Christ (Phil 1:6)
- V4: there is no more remembrance for the believer (Rev 20:15, sad without others there)
- V6: shows Jesus declaring who He is – the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end
The finality of it final eternity
- V1: Heaven; V8: Hell – There are two choices to live eternally – there is no mistake
- V8 declares those who will never see the Kingdom of Heaven: cowardly (afraid); unbelieving (doubting), vile (polluted with evil), murderers (takers of life), sexually immoral (God stresses obedience in the body), practice magic arts (witchcraft, sorcery, etc.), idolaters (worshippers of false gods), and liars (Jesus said “I am the truth …”)
Things Heaven will not have
- No more sea - 21:1 - The sea reminds us of restlessness, storms, and separation
- No more death - 21:4 - Death came because of sin. It is man’s worst and last enemy
-- 1 Cor. 15:26 (last enemy destroyed is death): No more funerals, graves, etc.
- No more sorrow - 21:4 - All men have sorrow, even Jesus had his share while on earth.
- No more crying - 21:4 - This speaks of "sad" things
- No more pain - 21:4 - This speaks of sickness and physical troubles.
- No more temples - 21:22 - Temple was a place to worship and meet with God. Heaven!
- No more sun, moon, and night - 21:23 and 22:5 - Isa.60:19
- No more darkness; Hell will be outer darkness
What Heaven will have (besides the precious jewels and stones (V18-21)
- Twelve gates, angels, tribes - 21:12 – Represented the marks of God throughout History
- Twelve foundations - 21:14 – Hebrews 11:16, “Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.”
- Twelve apostles - 21:14; Twelve thousand furlongs - 21:16; Twelve pearls - 21:21
- God does not design things by accident – they are purposed in eternity as they are now!!
V24-27 – God reigns supreme in His creation of Heaven
- No more need for sunlight – God is the provider then as He is now; are we relying on it?
- The radiance of Jesus Christ provides all the light we will ever need then and now
- Gates will never shut – no night; Night brings about evil actions and sin; there is none
- There is finality in those who are condemned to be separated; they can never enter
- Will you miss it? Will you be eternally separated? Without Jesus, we are doomed!