Summary: Study of the Book of Revelation; Final Message
Revelation, Part 40
Tonight we need to take apart the final chapter to reveal the true believer’s life
In this final message, we see the HOPE of Jesus Christ – the eternal deliverer
As a believer, we need to ingest this chapter, to handle the first 21 properly
Tonight, I want us to feed on this chapter; to draw strength; to lift it up exalted!
God has provided us the finality of this vision for us to look forward too
If it were not true, then Jeremiah 29:11 would have no bite to it!
Point 1 – The River of Life (v1-6)
- Can you imagine this sight to see? This is the paradise promised to God’s people
- Verse 3 speaks of there being no more curse; Jesus became the curse for us
- “Anyone who is hung on a tree is under God’s curse,” says Deuteronomy 21:23
- We were cursed from the very beginning when Adam sinned; Gen 3:17
- This is the finality of what Christ has done for us – this should drive us forward!
- Forever, we will live in complete service to the One who died for us (v3)
- We will live in a place where the sun is not needed (v5)
- These words are trustworthy and true – God has sent us all the signs to learn from
- But, this evening, this Lord’s Day; WE are to be the servants being sent!
- Wed night we looked at Isaiah being called and going; this is our place today!
- Without going and doing the work of the Lord; what can we call our life at the end?
Point 2 – Jesus is coming! (v7-21)
- When we maintain the words of the bible; we are blessed! John testifies in verse 8 …
- What is your testimony? John proclaims his allegiance and loyalty; but do we?
- We are required to know the prophecy; to reveal the prophecy; and to show it! (v10)
- The believers promise ought to take root in verse 12; a reward is coming!
- 5 crowns are the rewards for the believers who are willing to aspire to follow Christ
-- See end of message for description of 5 crowns
- Once again, we see those who will never enter the Kingdom (v15)
-- Obviously, to the very end, God is ensuring we know who does not get in
- Jesus’ lineage is clearly described in Matthew 1; but also in
-- Isaiah 16:5 “In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it— one from the house of David— one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness.”
-- Luke 1:69 “He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David”
- We have to learn this – this line of David is from beginning to end; Jesus confirms it!
- Are you looking for the Alpha and Omega? Are you serving Him today?
- V18 serves as a warning to not add to the book; thus encouraging us to KNOW the book
- Psalm 119:11 “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”
- We proclaim and ask Him to come soon … are we ready to see Him?
- Jesus is coming; and together we ask Him to come – get out of the rut!
- Even to the end God gives us and asks us to have Christ’s Grace upon us – do you?
- Are you encouraged to live a life devoted to His return?
5 Crowns of Life – Rewards from Jesus Christ
Life; James 1:12 – Faithful to living a life for Christ (It is written …)
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
Glory; 1 Peter 5:4 – Reserved for soul savers, preachers, etc
And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
Incorruptible; 1 Corinthians 9:25 – Living a life devoted to the Gospel
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
Rejoicing; 1 Thessalonians 2:19 – Those who anxiously awaiting Jesus’ return
For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you?