Summary: PROPOSITION: Since Christ is the revelation of God, you are able to know God and thus worship Him.
PROPOSITION: Since Christ is the revelation of God, you are able to know God and thus worship Him.
I. What is revelation?
A. The definition of revelation.
1. The premise is that you don’t know everything there is to know.
2. The fact is that God does know everything there is to know.
B. The Bible is God’s self-revelation to man.
1. It is exclusive.
2. It is true.
3. It is authoritative.
II. How does revelation occur?
A. General Revelation:
2. human personality
B. Special Revelation:
1. the miraculous
3. the person of Jesus Christ
III. What are the affects of this revelation?
A. Revelation will bring you to God (42:5).
1. Everything starts with God (38:4).
2. Our world starts with “me” (3:25-26).
3. Job’s focus changed during His encounter with God.
B. Revelation will bring you to repentance (42:6).
1. Repentance is the evidence you have come to God.
2. Repentance is evidence that God is transforming you.