Summary: - God uses brokenness in our life to multiply our influence - When our life is broken the very life of God will flow from us
17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
22 The stone which the builders refused is
become the head stone of the corner.
16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
Lk .20:18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
- Will You Be Broken or Will You Be Crushed?
- The 1st step to Revival is — BROKENESS
- You Will Not Meet God In Revival Until You Are First Broken
- When you think of brokennss you think it of un-useful and it is finished
- Moses - Broken Rock - To feed a thirsty nation Ex 17:6
- Gideon - broke the lamp to release the light so
victory could be won - Jud 7:20
- Esther - Broke court excecate to save a nation - Esther 4:16
- Mary broke the alabaster jar to release the
fragrance - Mk 14:3
- Jesus aloud his body to be broken to give us
salvation - 1 Cor 11:24
- Jesus broke the loves and fishes to feed a
multitude - Mt 14;19; Mk 6:41; Lk 9;16; Jn 6:11
- Elizabeth Elliot
“If my life is broken when given to Jesus It is because pieces will feed a multitude while a loaf will satisfy only a little lad”
- God uses brokenness in our life to multiply our
- When our life is broken the very life of God will
flow from us
- Is the humble & obedient response to the
convection of God’s Spirit
- Brokenness is the shattering of my will so that
God’s will be spilit
- A. W. Tozer said, “It is doubtful whether God
can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply.”[The Root of the Righteous p.137]
15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
- Jacob needed a broken lag to understand God’s
- Jacob’s encounter with God at Penuel,
transformed his life.
- Before Penuel, Jacob had been the master
- Secured Esau’s birthright
- Laban’s daughters and flocks.
- 31:3 God has told him to return
- All by faith here
- 31:20 Has sneaked away from Laban
- 32:3-5 - Scared of Esau
- Sends messengers ahead
- 32:6 - Esau is approaching with 400 men, Jacob