Summary: Revival In Nineveh
Jonah 3 Revival In Nineveh 1. The Great Principle the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying, A. God’s Call Is Unchanging. Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. B. God’s Compassion Is Unchanging. - Lam 3:22 It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. C. God’s Commission Is Unchanging. 2 - "Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee." Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed Now the Lord gave Jonah, Simon Peter, John Mark a second chance. 2. The Great People 2 Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, (a) Great in Size. between 600,000 and 1,000,000 people. (b) Great in Sin - Nineveh was a very wicked city. a very violent people. (c) Great in Salvation - Matt 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here. 3. The Great Proclamation 4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day’s journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
1. GOD, HAD A MAN FOR REVIVAL:
1. A Chosen Man 1 Now the word of the Lord came unto Jonah.
2. A Chastened Man (Ch1:3) rose up to flee.
3. A Changed Man (Jo.2:1) Then Jonah prayed
4. A Challenged Man Jon.3:2 Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
2. GOD, HAD A MESSAGE FOR REVIVAL:
3:2 and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
1. It's Origin (Jo.3:1) And the word of the Lord came unto Jonah.
2. It's Object (Jo.3:5) the people of Nineveh
3. It's Obstacle Eze 3:19 If thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 3. GOD HAD A MANIDATE FOR REVIVAL:
4 and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
1. There is a Set time, (forty days)
2. It is a Solemn time, (Nineveh shall be overthrown) Judgement is coming.
3. It is a Short time (forty days and...) Job 14:1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. 2 He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.
4. It is a Significant time - Determines Destiny.
4. GOD HAD MERCY FOR REVIVAL:
10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
1. In keeping with the Character of God.
Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?