Summary: Just as we do something to receive salvation by calling on the Lord, we must do something to se revival. Here are some points to make it happen.
REVIVAL YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN
2 Chr 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chr 7:15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attend unto the prayer that is made in this place. (KJV)
I. GOD CALLS US BY SAYING ‘MY PEOPLE’!
A. This is the title God gives us.
B. We are His people when we do His Will and walk in His Word. (Acts 11:26 KJV) And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
II. WE ARE CALLED BY NAME.
- Rom 10:13 KJV For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- John 1:12 KJV But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
A. His people should know the authority of His Name.
2. Prayers are answered only in that Name. John 14:14
3. The devil fears that Name. Mark 16:17
III. WE MUST HUMBLE OURSELVES.
1 Pet 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: (KJV)
A. You do not want to wait until God to humbles you!
1. Remember Nebuchadnezzar He was the King of Kings on earth.
- Dan 5:18 KJV O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour:
- Dan 5:19 And for the majesty that he gave him, all people, nations, and languages, trembled and feared before him: whom he would he slew; and whom he would he kept alive; and whom he would he set up; and whom he would he put down.
- Dan 5:20 But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him:
- Dan 5:21 And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.
- Dan 5:22 And thou his son, O Belshazzar, hast not humbled thine heart, though thou knewest all this;
- Dan 5:23 But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:
- Dan 5:24 Then was the part of the hand sent from him; and this writing was written
- Dan 5:25 And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
- Dan 5:26 This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.
- Dan 5:27 TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
- Dan 5:28 KJV PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
- Dan 5:29 KJV Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom
- Dan 5:30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.
A. When God humbled Belshazzar grandfather, he because like a cow.
IV. WE MUST LEAR TO PRAY LIKE JESUS PRAYED!
A. In the book I wrote "Lord teach us to pray", I first deal with is we must learn to Intercede.
- Ezek 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
B. Most of our prayer meetings have turned into ‘Play meetings’.
V. HE SAID WE MUST SEEK HIS FACE!