Summary: Today enjoy a whole new world of rewards with GOD! Do you hear me please? What I am talking about is truth; the above scripture is no sales gimmick but true promises of God for those who obey His words carefully.
Rewards with God!
• Leviticus 26:3 ' If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments, and perform them,
• then I will give you rain in its season, the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.”
A credit card advertisement goes like this :’shop endlessly and enjoy a whole new world of rewards!’ ( I read it like this, shop endlessly and go to hell!)The enticing captions were juxtaposed with colorful pictures of shopping bags, cheerful shoppers and attractive gifts; what they failed to display was the ghost-like appearance when they receive the month-end bill depicting the various shopping spree!!!! Ah! Many fall to trade tricks and dip their legs in the pit! This devotion comes with a severe caveat to listen to God! How many plastics (credit cards) do you have by the way? Your financial status is not gauged by the plethora of credit cards that you display in the wallet, are you listening?
Today enjoy a whole new world of rewards with GOD! Do you hear me please? What I am talking about is truth; the above scripture is no sales gimmick but true promises of God for those who obey His words carefully. Observe the words ‘careful’ here! What does this mean?
• When you prepare a resume, you got to carefully see to it that it is one hundred percent honest.
• When you apply for college/school admission, you should not go over the heads of others by bribing your way through – carefully act with integrity, anything done otherwise would bring curses
• When you receive your salary, be careful to pay your ten percent tithes to God
• When you wake up in the morning, be careful to separate quiet time with God and His Word before you rush to do other things.
We have a whole lot of promises showered in the Bible for those who follow His rules and commandments meticulously; but alas, many of us look at it as mere ‘print’ in the Bible rather than ‘promises’. Am I right? Why then would many shun honest living, holy life, church, prayer and Bible readings? Why then would Christians visit wine shop? God would keep up His promise and surely bless those who obey Him!
When we were commanded by God to relocate our family and ministry to Hyderabad after a decade long ministry in Chennai, we did not have enough money to transport the entire household goods. It was an eerie journey! Obedience does not promise easy journey though; as a last minute bid, we decided to dispose off our big geyser, reluctantly we sold that big fellow. We scrambled money the hard way and rolled into Hyderabad; a dear lady rented out her house for us; little did we know that it was a ‘luxury villa’, we literally had to go on a tour in that huge house. The ace were the wash rooms with glittering fittings, shower wall panels and the sheer opulence of that place excited my children, they danced around, my daughter started snapping the place, with glee my son discovered every wash room came with a geyser - total 3 geysers in all. I repeat 3 geysers! We stayed in that luxury villa for more than a year!
He would never fail!