Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
• Word - rhema = properly, that which is or has been uttered by the living voice, thing spoken, declaration of one’s mind
• Mouth - Stoma- language, the edge of a sword
• Heart – labe – thoughts, feelings, will
• Confess = hom-ol-og-eh'-o to assent, that is, covenant, acknowledge: - con (pro-) fess, confession is made, give thanks, promise. Get together with word that was said. To covenant
• Saved – sodezo – delivered, protected, preserved
• Ashamed - kat-ahee-skhoo'-no to shame down, that is, disgrace or made to the blush: - confound, dishonour,
THE POWER OF WORDS:
Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
THE POWER OF HIS SPOKEN WORD AS A SWORD.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Matthew 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
THE WORD COMING OUT OF THE LORD’S MOUTH WAS CALLED A SWORD.
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Al-mighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
• Revelation 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
• Isaiah 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
• Revelation 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
• Revelation 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.
• Revelation 2:12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
THE LORD’S WORDS - PUT IN OUR MOUTH AND USED BY US - CAN DO ANYTHING NECESSARY TO WIN IN SPIRITUAL WARFARE.
Jeremiah 1:9 Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
Deu 33:29 Happy/blessed you are O Israel: people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.
THE MANUAL OF ARMS FOR USING A SWORD.
the Sword of the Spirit is the Roman-style short sword that can be used with one hand.
In armed combat (soldiers wearing armor), striking a fatal blow is much more of a challenge.
The fact the Lord chose to use sword combat as the metaphor for fighting Spiritual Warfare is significant.
The word picture that this brings to mind is very vivid. It tells us much about how to fight.
The Word of God is powerful if used in the way that the Lord intended. We must use the Rhema of God in the exact same way in which a warrior would use a sword!
THE RHEMA OF GOD AND THE LOGOS OF GOD.