Summary: In preaching and praying Jesus and the scriptures give us a picture of the roles of the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Here are a few guidelines for allowing the King of our hearts to rule through all aspects of His kingdom, His power and glory in o
Roles of the King in Our Lives - Matt 6:9,10
Jesus taught us to pray,
"Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
In preaching and praying Jesus and the scriptures give us a picture of the roles of the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Here are a few guidelines for allowing the King of our hearts to rule through all aspects of His kingdom, His power and glory in our lives.
1. REIGNING - The King reigns supreme above all dominions, powers and authorities not only in the spiritual world, but in all other dimensions of life. Let us exalt Him, reverence Him and worship Him as the one who is greater than all problems, people and predicaments. (Col. 1:16)
2. RULING - The King rules in the hearts of all who are willing to relinquish the control of their lives to His wisdom, power and love. When our hearts are filled with the Holy Spirit we will manifest greater measures of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control no matter what the situation. (Gal. 5:22,23)
3. RENEWING - The King makes new again things that are worn out and tired. He promises us that if anyone is in Christ they are a new creation, the old things are gone and all things are made new. (2 Cor. 5:17) The King is in the business of regenerating what is dead with new life.
4. RESUPPLYING - The King resupplies us with whatever we need for life and godliness through a true knowledge of Him who calls us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His perfect and magnificent promises in order that by them we might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped corruption that is in the world by lust. (2 Pet. 1:3,4)
5. RE-ORDERING - The King gives us proper priorities to follow. He tells us "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you as well." (Matt 6:33) Quit worrying about the non-essentials and concentrate on what is of primary importance and you will find God supplying all that you need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)
6. RE-CONFIGURING - The King helps us re-arrange our thoughts, attitudes and actions in a way that pleases the Lord in all respects and then bears fruit in every good work as we increase in the knowledge of God. He strengthens us with all power according to His glorious might for the obtaining of all steadfastness and patience with joy. (Col. 1:9-11)
7. REPLACING - The King helps us replace what is negative with what is positive. Paul wrote, "Put away anger, jealousy, wrath, slander and clamor and put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bearing with one another, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ has forgiven you." (Eph. 4:28-32)
8. RENOUNCING - The King helps us renounce evil and all Satanic, worldly and fleshly attempts to subvert the rule of God in our lives. Paul wrote, "Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." (Eph. 6:10) James wrote, "Submit yourself to God, resist the devil and He will flee from you." (James 4:17)
9. REMINDING - The King says, "Remember Jesus Christ" whenever we get weary in well doing. "Fixing your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith who for the joy that is set before Him, endured the cross, not minding the shame. For consider Him who endured such suffering of sinners against Himself, lest you be weary and faint in your minds. For you have not resisted to the point of shedding of blood in your fight against sin." (Heb. 12:2-4)
10. REDEEMING - The King wants us to hearld the good news of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ who comes to redeem the lost and save them from sin, death, hell and eternal judgment. The greatest message the world has ever heard is worth everything we have. Nothing is more important than giving our lives as Jesus did for us so that the world may know that our Redeemer lives and He will stand in the latter day on the earth. Let us do all we can to help people keep from drowning, dying and destroying themselves because of their neglect or passive rejection of the gospel of Christ.
11. RELEASING - The King sets the captive free and heals the broken hearted and lifts off the burden of the heavy burdened. (Isa 61:1,2) There is great joy to know that we have played a part in releasing people from their captivity to sin, self and societal pressures. The King alone has the capacity to set you free. Jesus said, "If you continue in my word than truly you are my disciples and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." (John 8:31,32)