Summary: In preaching and praying Jesus and the scriptures give us a picture of the roles of the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Here are a few guidelines for allowing the King of our hearts to rule through all aspects of His kingdom, His power and glory in o
Roles of the King in Our Lives - Matt 6:9,10
Jesus taught us to pray,
"Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
In preaching and praying Jesus and the scriptures give us a picture of the roles of the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Here are a few guidelines for allowing the King of our hearts to rule through all aspects of His kingdom, His power and glory in our lives.
1. REIGNING - The King reigns supreme above all dominions, powers and authorities not only in the spiritual world, but in all other dimensions of life. Let us exalt Him, reverence Him and worship Him as the one who is greater than all problems, people and predicaments. (Col. 1:16)
2. RULING - The King rules in the hearts of all who are willing to relinquish the control of their lives to His wisdom, power and love. When our hearts are filled with the Holy Spirit we will manifest greater measures of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control no matter what the situation. (Gal. 5:22,23)
3. RENEWING - The King makes new again things that are worn out and tired. He promises us that if anyone is in Christ they are a new creation, the old things are gone and all things are made new. (2 Cor. 5:17) The King is in the business of regenerating what is dead with new life.
4. RESUPPLYING - The King resupplies us with whatever we need for life and godliness through a true knowledge of Him who calls us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His perfect and magnificent promises in order that by them we might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped corruption that is in the world by lust. (2 Pet. 1:3,4)
5. RE-ORDERING - The King gives us proper priorities to follow. He tells us "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you as well." (Matt 6:33) Quit worrying about the non-essentials and concentrate on what is of primary importance and you will find God supplying all that you need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)
6. RE-CONFIGURING - The King helps us re-arrange our thoughts, attitudes and actions in a way that pleases the Lord in all respects and then bears fruit in every good work as we increase in the knowledge of God. He strengthens us with all power according to His glorious might for the obtaining of all steadfastness and patience with joy. (Col. 1:9-11)
7. REPLACING - The King helps us replace what is negative with what is positive. Paul wrote, "Put away anger, jealousy, wrath, slander and clamor and put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bearing with one another, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ has forgiven you." (Eph. 4:28-32)
8. RENOUNCING - The King helps us renounce evil and all Satanic, worldly and fleshly attempts to subvert the rule of God in our lives. Paul wrote, "Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." (Eph. 6:10) James wrote, "Submit yourself to God, resist the devil and He will flee from you." (James 4:17)