Summary: There is only one truth and all truth is only found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our faith in Him must be firm, established and grounded. We must be 100% convinced about who we are in Christ and what the Gospel means to us.
Ephesians 3:17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in
People are in the search of Truth everywhere when All Truth is found only in one place. The Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ is the one Truth that is sufficient for us for there is nothing better that can match this offer of Salvation and Forgiveness of Sins to man other than the simple truth of accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Is there anything that we can add to Save ourselves more than what God has given to us in Christ????
So then, why are people turning away from the true Faith?? why are believers so weak to fall away at the slightest test of their faith??
Because, they are not Rooted or Grounded in Christ!
Illustration: I was standing across the counter in a Bank where I noticed an efficient employee who wooed a particular customer. The lady, a well looking and composed personality spoke in the most kindest words to her customer, "Sir, do you have an Account in this Bank?" "No" replied the man. "Which Bank do you then have your account". The man sheepishly quoted the name of his Personal Banker since 10 years. The lady then walked forward and said, "Sir, would you appreciate in changing your Bank Account to this Bank, we offer many privileges to our customers." The man then walked along with the lady to heed her advice, although he knew little about the truth of this new bank, yet he went forward to speak. I guessed he was more convinced about her than the privileges of the new bank. In other words, he was ready to leave his Personal Banker of 10 years for something NEW!
How often, we have too been tempted and lured to get away from our Faith, dilute our beliefs and culture by something NEW that the Enemy presents before us.
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the L ORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?"
The Apostle Paul marveled at the turning away of the Galatians to something NEW than the simplicity that was in Christ,
Galatians 1:6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel.
We find in the Book of Acts where Paul warned a young Ephesian Church to remember his teachings and cautioned against wolves in sheep clothings,
Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.
31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.
The question we must ask ourselves is - "Is our Faith in Christ and our belief in Him on Solid Ground or Slippery Sand??"
To be rooted in Christ is,
* To know Him and His Power,
* To Agree with Christ on His offer of Salvation without any doubt,
* To be Established in His Word,
* To be Perfect in His Love,
* To Taste of His Presence in Prayer and Fellowship
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?
When we are rooted in the Truth, no one can stop from advancing in the Kingdom,
* Riches did not stop Moses from staying in Egypt because he searched for the Truth
* Temptation and the Opportunity of Fidelity and Sex did not stop Joseph to keep pursuing God in the midst of all his trials.
* The widowhood of Ruth and the comforts of her mother's house did not stop Ruth from seeking the favor of the God of Israel.
* The insults of his master and rebukes to "leave him alone" did not stop Elisha to stop seeking the Power that was in his master Elijah.
* Paul's Jewish roots and his love for his countrymen and his faith in Judaism did not stop him from preaching Salvation in Jesus Christ to the whole world.
* The Roman Government and the Kingdoms of the World did not stop the Disciples of Jesus Christ in not preaching about Jesus to the World and they even did not mind to lay down their lives for what they believed.