Summary: On that day the King of kings & the Lord of lords, the righteous Judge will award us the crown of righteousness. You can stack up all the awards & all the ceremonies in this world, none can compare to the Father's house. Well done good & faithful servant.
Running the race
Striving for the Prize
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
• In order to get in a race we need to prepare, use an example of a runner
• Races are challenging, but we must be in it to win it
• Our heart has to be in it, we will receive praise for finishing the race
Hindrances to the runner
You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?
• We must be aware of the race that we are running and not allow something to cut in on our race
• You were running a good race, what did you allow to enter in and take you out
• What did you focus on, work, toys, lies, etc.
Pressing toward the Goal
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
• Our Goal has to always be in sight, the enemy and this world will try to distract us but we have to press toward the goal.
• We need to receive our encouragement from the word of God and those that He has given (our Pastors and leaders) Men of God
Preparing for the contest
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
• Be honest with yourself and others, stop hiding your weakness’
• Let the Holy spirit Guide you into all truth
• Surrender your will, don’t let pride take you out
• We must persevere, we must continue our efforts to do and achieve despite the difficulties, despite the failure and despite the opposition.
A Good Finish
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
• I have fought the good fight, I was in it, I gave it my all, I did not surrender, I did not quit
• I have finished the race, I left it all out there, I have nothing left
• I have kept the faith, I have trusted you Lord, I have endured for your sake, I know and believe the plan set out for me and I have kept it.
The Prize won
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
• Speak about how The San Francisco Giant won the World Series last year; it was 56 years since their previous victory. They were invited to the white house to be congratulated by the President of the United States. They were not supposed to win but they overcame all opposition and won.
• I know that when I was a child I wanted to do a couple of things, one was to go to the moon and the other was to meet the President of the United States in a similar achievement as the SF Giants. I haven't been able achieve these childhood goals, but on that day I will meet my Lord Jesus and hear the words "well done, good, and faithful servant.
• On that day the King of kings & the Lord of lords, the righteous Judge will award us the crown of righteousness. You can stack up all the awards & all the ceremonies in this world, none can compare to the Father's house. Well done good & faithful servant.
• The Lord of lords and king of kings will personally give you a crown of righteousness.
Lets run our race, win the prize.