Summary: The way of salvation has been made plain for all men, therefore, it would please God for all men to accept the plan
TEXT: Titus 2: 11, Ephesians 2:8
INTRODUCTION: The way of salvation has been made plain for all men, therefore, it would please God for all men to accept the plan.
I. PLAN OF SALVATION
Romans 3:23 All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
I. THE NEED OF SALVATION
1. Man's sin
2. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way, (Isaiah 53:6)
II. THE GROUND OF SALVATION
1. Christ's work
2. ...how that Christ died for our sins (I Cor. 15:3; Isaiah 53:6).
III. THE WAY OF SALVATION
1. Faith in Christ.
2. ... the just shall live by faith (Romans 1: 17) ... Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house (Acts 16:31).
IV. THE ASSURANCE OF SALVATION
1. God's word
2. I John 5: 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
V. THE EVIDENCE OF SALVATION
1. Bearing fruit.
John 15: 3-5 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
VI. THE JOY OF SALVATION
1. The believer's walk.
2. Psalm 51: 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation.
VII. THE CONSUMMATION OF SALVATION
1. The Christian's reward.
2. II Timothy 4:7-8 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them that love his appearing
CONCLUSION: The way of salvation has been so provided by the Lord Jesus Christ, that it is important that all take advantage of it.