Summary: Samson’s hair was the secret to his amazing strength. Think how much power our hair has even in today’s society. Think about the many ways we give away our power in life.
SERMON OUTLINE AND NOTES
Bridgewater United Methodist Church—Pastor Don Hawks
SAMSON AND DELILAH
Judges 16:4-6, 16-20
INTRODUCTION: In the Bible story, Samson is famous for his________________.
3 LESSONS SAMSON TEACHES ON HOW NOT TO LIVE LIFE--
1. Samson did not. _____________________________________________.
Ways that I can use my power unwisely:
• The converse lesson: I will use my spiritual power wisely
2. Samson did not. _____________________________________________.
• The converse lesson: I will accept my spiritual
3. Samson did not. _____________________________________________.
• The converse lesson: I will learn from my mistakes!
I will grow in wisdom every day!
CONCLUSION: Ultimately true strength of character is about
3 LESSONS: 1. make wise use of his power. a--giving away my power b-- acting arrogantly with my power. 2. remember who he was. 3. learn from his mistakes.
CONCLUSION: discipline, commitment and a willingness to learn.