Psalm 119:121-128 Saving Time The Psalmist is surrounded by his enemies, He tells the Lord it is time for Him to work
The Hebrew AIN means vision. We need:
(1) a vision of GOD, (2) a vision of Sin, (3) a vision of Man by nature,
(4) a vision of the World (5) a vision of Heaven, (6) a vision of Hell.
I. The Call Of The Psalmist
121 I have done judgment and justice: leave me not to mine oppressors.
A. He Appeals for Security from God.
If I never had a problem I'd never know that God could solve them.
I'd never know what faith in God could do.
B. He Accepts Surety from God
122 Be surety for thy servant for good: let not the proud oppress me.
Surety means security against loss or damage, a guarantee.
C. He Awaits Salvation from God
123 Mine eyes fail for Thy salvation, and for the word of Thy righteousness.
II. The Commitment Of The Psalmist
125 I am thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know thy testimonies. A. His Position "I am thy servant…" thy slave… Literally a purchased possession. As such, God has the right to demand our unquestioning obedience. B. His Pursuit "…Give me understanding…" He wasn't asking 'Why?' But he sought to better understand God through His Word. C. His Prize "…That I may know thy testimonies."
III. The Complaint Of The Psalmist 126 It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law. "It is time for Thee, LORD, to work…" 1. The Behaviour Of Man Invites It Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; (Is Being Revealed) 2. The Condition Of Sin Demands It Mt 19: 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. 3. The Prayers Of Believers Plead For It 4. The Broken Hearts Of Multitudes Need It Matt 17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. 16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. 17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. 18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. 5. The Call Of Grace Promises It Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 6. The Blood Of Jesus Guarantees It Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
IV. The Conclusion Of The Psalmist 126b-128 A The Threat To God's Word - They have made void thy law - totally disregarded it.
1. By the Theories of man
2. By the Traditions of man Mk. 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
3. By the Treachery of man
4. By the Twisting of man 2 Pet 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. B. The Treasure Of God's Word "I love Thy commandments above gold…" What he coveted most was not the wealth of the world, but the wealth of the Word. C. The Truth Of God's Word 128 "… I esteem all Thy precepts concerning all things to be right…"
The Holy Bible is the Book of the ages. It is:
(1) food for the soul, (2) divinely inspired, (3) settled for ever, (4) a light and a lamp,
(5) loved by all the good, (6) despised by the foolish, (7) powerful in its influence,
(8) like a hammer, fire, and sword, (9) quick, sharp, piercing, dividing, and discerning,