Summary: You are either in a first hand relationship with Christ or you are not in one at all.
Proposition: You must personally seek the Lord!
I. Because it is the only path to wisdom!
A. Only He can give it to you! James 1:5,6
B. He gives it only to the willing! John 7:17
II. Because it is the way to honor Him!
A. You show your faith in Him! Matthew 8:5-10 (Centurion)
B. You acknowledge His Lordship! Matthew 15:21-28 Syro-Phonetician woman, no help until she said Lord!
III. Because it is foolish to trust in men!
A. Men will err! Matthew 15:1-9 Traditions instead of truth.
B. Men will fail! Psalm 118:8,9 Trust Lord not men or horses
IV. Because it is the way to fellowship!
A. Sitting at His feet brings fruitful service. Luke 10:38-42 Martha and Mary
B. Learning of Him brings rest! Matthew 11:28-30
V. Because it will keep you from ruin!
A. You will be given discernment! I Kings 13:18 (Unnamed prophet)
VI. Because He is the final authority!
A. He wrote the Book! Matthew 7:28,29 Taught with authority
Saul heard of Christ, but Paul saw Him!
Peter was told, but no change until he saw Him!
Joshua was only a helper until his meeting with the pre-incarnate Christ make him a general!
Have you seen Him?
WARNING! Second Hand Religion Produces Cults
Signs of a Cult
1. A cult worships its leader instead of Jesus.
2. A cult quotes its leader instead of the Bible.
3. Cults believe in only parts of the Bible.
4. Cults use other books for divine truth.
5. A cult requires allegiance to the leader instead of parents.
6. A cult leader lies and makes threats.
7. A cult emphasizes money.
8. A cult has sexual issues; total prohibition, communal wives, open relationships, etc.
Scripture Reading: Matthew 24:23-27
Bulletin: Job 42:5