Summary: Walking in Gods higest and best by planting the Harvest.
Seed, Harvest and Obedience
Rev. E.C. Thomas, D.D.
Text: Genesis 8:21-22
Topic: The 5th Season
Biblically according to spiritual laws that man has incorporated to natural laws seed has the ability to reproduce after its kind. In the beginning God commanded man, beast, and all living creatures and living t things to be fruitful and multiply, and the only way that this could be is first their has to be a means and method of reproduction. God has a purpose for you and that is to reproduce after your own kind what ever that may be. Seed produces fruit, fruit is that substance that has reproduced from the labor of your hands. We are the fruit of Gods labor. The seed that produced the fruit was the word, God said let us make.... in our image. Which created the seed that produced fruit.
1.Gen.8:21-22,The Noahic Covenant was proposed.
A. God told Noah that He would not curse the ground any more for mans sake.
B. Neither would He smite any more every living thing as He has done.
2.God promised in establishing His covenant.
A. That while the earth remainth, that it would be seed and harvest time
B. Seed would reproduce in the Summer, Winter, Fall and Spring, Day and Night.
C. Seed time is the planting of men.
3.Galatians 5:19-21,Types of seed planted.
A. Seeds of the flesh and seeds of the spirit.
B. Everyone is responsible for the type of seed he/she has planted and will
reap the harvest of that particular seed weather it be of the flesh or of
the spirit not realizing the consequence of either.
C. Galataians 6:7-9, Now lets look at the seed result of both flesh and the spirit. Vs7 “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man
soweth, that shall he also reap.” Vs8 “For he that soweth his flesh shall
of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Let us remember that harvesting the seed may not come when you expect it but when you need it. Vs9 “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” which means don’t give up the harvest is sure to come but in due season.
D. Seeds of the Flesh and their definition.
1. Adultery- Unlawful sexual relations between a men and women, single or married.
2. Fornication- Same as adultery above besides all manner of unlawful relations.
3. Uncleanness- Whatever is the opposite of purity; to includehomosexuality, lesbianism, pedophile, bestiality, and all other forms of sexual prevision.
4. Lasciviousness- Lustfulness, unchastity, anything to foster sex sin and its lusts.
5. Idolatry- image worship; anything that which affection are passionately set; extravagant admiration of the heart.
6. Witchcraft- sorcery, practice of dealing with evil spirits.
7. Hatred- bitter dislike, abhorrence, malice, and ill will against anyone.
8. Variance- dissensions, discord, quarreling, debating and disputes.
9. Emulations- envies, jealousies.
10.Wrath- turbulent passions; domestic and civil turmoil; rage.
11.Strife- strenuous endeavor to equal or pay back in kind the wrongs done to one.