Summary: The reason people who know you aren’t interested in your God may be because you don’t have enough/presence/God/your life.
“Send the Fire”
Pastor Allan H. Kircher
Shell Point Baptist Church
Phil 2:13-16 For it is God who works…..
Time/time/ask one another, “Why can’t I win my friends to the Lord?
• Family members/Co-Workers not interested?
• The answer may shock you in its bluntness
• The truth often hurts.
The reason people who know you aren’t interested in your God may be because you don’t have enough/presence/God/your life.
God’s presence/power/makes everything else crumble comparison.
Without it, you will be just as pale/lifeless/everybody around you.
• w/o power/God in your life
• “Just another somebody” to those around you.
• I was tired of being “another somebody” lost around me.
• “I am going to pursue the power of God in my life.”
Get so close to God, when I walk down/street people/meet Him.
• Don’t see me/ they see God.
• Wouldn’t that be powerful!
Acts 2:28 “You have made known to me the paths of life: you will fill me with joy in your presence. “
God is working in your life!
• Live in the presence of God, you are naturally joyful.
• You have natural glow because/God’s power/presence in your life.
• You don’t have to act…
• You don’t have to hide myself
• You don’t hide your identity when I come into God’s house
People don’t have to ask you….
• They see…..they feel….
• The presence and power of God.
2 Timothy 1:7 “God did not give us the spirit of Timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline. “
• What are you timid for?
• God is working in your life!
• Proclaim His name above all. Proclaim boldly.
Do you remember what it was like in your earthly life?
• Dead in all your ways?
• Depression, anxiety, worthlessness, despondency, loneliness, pride, …..
• Where is the God that has delivered you from all these?
• Have you forgotten Him so soon?
• The same God that has delivered you,
• Is waiting for you to respond.
Claim your identity…..your identity/Child of the King.
• To work in His Spirit, not yours.
• God is the same yesterday (when he delivered you)
• as today (when you trust him)
• And forever (when you spend eternity with him).
How can you not be elated with Joy……?
I. The Spirit’s role is to empower you.
Jesus probably left His disciples flabbergasted when He said,
“I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father” (John 14:12).
• Can you imagine the faith to have this?
• Can you believe a person like you could do greater things than the Master?
Ask Peter, who preached/Pentecost Sunday/3000 believed.
• David, sling and 3 stones.
• Elijah raising the widow’s son.
• Daniel in the Lion’s den.
The only difference between you and them……
• Faith! Trust! Obedience! Non-conformity to the world.
Isn’t it breathtaking to hear Jesus’ brother James said in 4:2 “you do not have, because you do not ask”?
• Ask and you will receive.
• All the blessings, riches, the glory of God.
The key/disciples’ success was not in their abilities and strengths.
• You have none outside of the living God.
• You have no claim to works outside/living God.
“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth”
• The Holy Ghost is what enables you to succeed
God is able!
• stroll back 3446 years ago right before the Exodus,
• God spoke/Moses/burning bush, “ I am who I am.
• This is what you are to say to the Israelites
• “I am has sent me to you.” Exodus 3:13.
Lord didn’t say, “I was or I will be” he says “I am”
• Same God 4000 yrs. Later.
Let’s look at how God is able…..
First: God answers the cry of His people…
Exodus 3:7-8. Says “the Lord said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey”.
• You see God is able and He delivered.
• He does the same for you and I.
Cry out for help--yearning, pleading for Him to show His power and strength and mercy.
• Most/us have cried out/seeked God’s mighty hand/our life.