Summary: Sickness enters without knocking, changes plans, mocks certainty, diminishes hope, intrudes like a burglar. Such interruption occurred to a woman in Mark 5 and a man in Luke 5. They both experienced much losses and grew frustrated. That is until they came across Jesus.
DO NOT LIMIT THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL (PART 7): THE POWER OF THE LORD WAS PRESENT THAT DAY TO HEAL THEM
1. Mark 5: 24 So Jesus went with him (Jarius). A large crowd followed and pressed around him. 25 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26 She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment, 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. 30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?” 31 “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ” 32 But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34 He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
2. James 5: 13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
3. Luke 5:17 Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present that day to heal them.
4. Psalm 78: 41 Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.
INTRO: DO NOT LIMIT GOD (PT. 7B) POWER OF GOD WAS PRESENT TO HEAL THAT DAY
TOPICS: In What Ways We Limit God? Why We Limit God? How To Take Off The Limits? Results Of A Life Without Limit. REVIEW: In Psalm 78, How Hebrews Limited Their God In The Wilderness - saw the miracles yet doubted. In Mark 6, they refused to accept who Christ was because of Familiarity. In 1 Kings 20, they limited God due to Presumption - God of the mountains only & not of the valleys & plains. In 1 Samuel 28, we limit God due to Fear - King Saul & Elijah (1 Kings 19). In 2 Kings 8, we limit God in Giving – Shunemite Woman. Numbers 13: Limit God in our Imagination & Vision - 12 Spies in Numbers 13. I Am Not A Grasshopper. Today: The Power Of The Lord Was Present That Day To Heal (A&B) (Luke 5 & Mark 5). Chief Question We Must Ask Is This? Can God Heal? The Answer Is “Yes”.
MEANING OF “LIMIT” (TEACH)
Limit: “A point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass. This is a restriction on the size or amount of something permissible or possible. Some words synonymous with limit are restrict, put in check, restrain, freeze, regulate, control, etc. So can God heal today?
BIBLE VERSES ON HEALING (TEACH)
1. Jeremiah 30:17 I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,” says the Lord.
2. Psalm 41:3 The Lord nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health.
3. Mark 1:34 So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak.
4. Psalm 107:20 He sendeth his word, and healeth them, and delivereth them from their destructions.
LET’S TALK ABOUT DISEASES AND HEALING (IN TWO PARTS)
Disease Is A Disorder In A Human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury. There are over 100,000 identified diseases in the world today, not talking about those that have not been identified. The 6 deadliest diseases in history are Small pox, The Black Plague (infected rats, 1300’s killed 75-200m), Tuberculosis, Malaria, Ebola, Cholera. Top leading causes of death in USA: Heart Disease, Cancer, Alzheimer’s, Diabetes, Stroke, Pneumonia, Respiratory Diseases, etc.