Contributed by Darrin Fish on Oct 2, 2009
Sin looks appealing to us
• When it’s pleasure is dangling on a hook right in front of us,
• We have to remind ourselves that the pleasure is only temporary.
• And it’s this fact that we have to remember to control our desire.
• Have you ever seen
Why does it seem like everything in life is better than what we have?
• Webster’s Dictionary tells us that temptation is “the act of enticement to do wrong by the promise of pleasure or gain.”
• Isn’t that just like the Devil, getting us to do something wrong by promising us something