Summary: This is the 2nd sermon in the series "A Faithful Servant".
Series: A Faithful Servant (2 Timothy)[#2]
SERVE WITH ENDURANCE
2 Timothy 1:15-2:13; 4:9-22
1. It took me 4 weeks of swimming to build up to 1 mile.
2. It is easy to start but hard to finish.
3. God calls us to serve Him with endurance.
We must be careful that we not confuse our feelings with God’s direction. Satan uses feelings to keep us from being what we should be.
2 Timothy 1:15; 4:9-16
2 Timothy 1:16-18; 4:19-21
3. Past situations/ Worry.
Paul gives us 3 examples of enduring.
1. Like a soldier. (Ignore what everyone is saying and follow the commanding officer.)
2. Like an athlete. (Stay focused on what your doing and play by the rules.)
3. Like a farmer. (Work hard everyday knowing that there will be a time of harvest.)
1. Focus on the Gospel. (Keep the main thing the main thing.)
2. Share the Gospel.
3. Endure for the Gospel.
1. Only through Christ can you endure.
2. If you are lost, you are on the losing side.
3. Christians keep going, don’t stop!