Summary: • This morning I want to start a series on sharpening our hearing. • When we hear from God, He will set your course and lead you to prosper, grow and be on time to receive what He has for you. He will set your appointment for the anointment. • When we h
• This morning I want to start a series on sharpening our hearing.
• When we hear from God, He will set your course and lead you to prosper, grow and be on time to receive what He has for you. He will set your appointment for the anointment.
• When we hear from God, we don’t get all caught up in the things of the world, the issues, the recession, etc. He places us in a place of protection or shelter.
• Sharpening your hearing involves maintaining expectations that you will receive the wisdom only God can reveal.
• Praying without ceasing and communication with the Holy Spirit are keys to supernatural breakthrough.
• By inquiring of God and hearing clearly from Him, you will defeat the delays of the enemy in these last days.
• Let’s look to the Word of God and see what He says about sharpening our hearing.
(NKJV) Acts 3 1 Now Peter and John went up together to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour. 2 And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms from those who entered the temple; 3 who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms. 4 And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, “Look at us.” 5 So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. 6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” 7 And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. 8 So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them—walking, leaping, and praising God. 9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God. 10 Then they knew that it was he who sat begging alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.
1) Continue a spirit of faith and expectancy.
a) Shout… Holy Spirit tune me into what God is saying.
b) Shout… Jesus give me a Rhema word.
c) A rhema is a verse or portion of Scripture that the Holy Spirit brings to our attention with application to a current situation or need for direction.
d) Shout… Jesus I came expecting to hear a Word from you.
e) When you remain in expectation, you position yourself to receive from God.
i) Expect to hear God's voice every day. (Repeat)
ii) Expectation is the breeding ground for miracles, signs and wonders.
f) Have faith that you will hear God's voice.
(NKJV) Romans 10 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
i) Everything in the Kingdom of God operates by faith.
g) Pay full attention to hearing a Word from God. Be quite and be still.
i) In Acts 3, we see that Peter told a begging lame man to focus on him and John.
ii) The man paid attention to Peter and John, expecting to receive something from them.
iii) He focused with expectation, obeyed, and received his healing.
iv) The reason why we don’t receive anything from God is we are too busy to listen and don’t pay attention to what He is speaking.
v) Distraction is an intrusion of the mind that causes confusion.
(1) Ask yourself, what am I focused on?
(2) Do you have a cluttered spirit?
h) Obey immediately when you hear from God.
i) One Word from God will change your life. Shout…one word.
i) Be faithful over the little things you hear God tell you to do and He will speak to you about bigger things.
ii) Continue to do the last thing He told you to do.
iii) Delayed obedience and partial obedience are still disobedience.
2) Commune with the Holy Spirit in prayer.
a) Shout… I want the Holy Spirit to lead my life.
b) We must pray in the spirit and pray without ceasing.
(NKJV) 1 Thessalonians 5 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
i) Your hearing from God will tremendously improve when you frequently pray in the Spirit.
ii) Spending time praying in the spirit will defeat the devil.
c) There is great significance in having the Holy Spirit reveal knowledge to you.
i) God knows all things; every hidden thing will be revealed.
ii) Revealed knowledge is knowledge that comes from God.
iii) We communicate with God, Spirit to Spirit.