Summary: Moses asked God to reveal Himself. God is constantly revealing Himself to us every day.
SHEW ME NOW THY WAY
Text: Exodus 33:12, 13
Moses is getting ready to go up Mount Sinai to receive the 10 commandments for the second time. Moses asks God to reveal Himself unto him so that he might know God and find grace in His sight.
God is constantly revealing Himself to us.
I. The first way that God reveals Himself to us is through nature and the world around us.
• Psalm 19:1 – 4
• Romans 1:19, 20
• You can sense the gentleness of God in the Autumn breeze
• You can sense the wrath of God in the gale force winds of a hurricane
• You can look out over the ocean or into the night sky and get a sense of the omnipotence of God
II. God also reveals Himself to us through His Word.
• Exodus 34:5 – 7
• Moses is on the mountain now, and God answers his prayer as He makes an important statement about Himself
• From His Word, we know that God is jealous, all knowing, patient, and wise
III. God’s ultimate revelation of Himself was through Jesus, the Word made flesh.
• John 1:1, 14
• Just before Jesus is crucified, Philip tells Him, “Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.”
• Jesus replies, “He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.” (John 14:9)
• Jesus showed us that God is loving, gracious, and merciful
• He revealed God’s plan – to have a relationship with us
• The problem is that our unsaved loved ones may look out into the ocean or into the night sky and see great beauty, but not appreciate the Creator that made them
• They may own several copies of God’s Word, but never open it up and read about Him for themselves
• Jesus isn’t here in bodily form for them to see with their own eyes any more
• How does God reveal Himself to our unsaved loved ones?
IV. Today, God reveals Himself to the unsaved through us by the Holy Spirit
• 2 Corinthians 3:2, 3
• Paul is telling the Corinthians that they are living Bibles
• Sometimes you may the only Bible that an unsaved person ever reads
• They are watching you to learn something about God
• It is important to let the Holy Spirit live through us so that God’s attributes are clearly evident to them
• The fruit of the Spirit is the evidence of God living in us, declaring to the world what God is truly like
• Galatians 5:22, 23
• Through us, God is revealed to the world
• Take a fresh look at the world around you today and be reminded of the awesomeness of God, the Creator
• Commit to reading God’s Word this week and ask Him to reveal Himself through His Word
• Ask God to reveal Himself to your unsaved loved ones by producing His characteristics through you
• If you are unsaved, God is revealing Himself to you now
• Exodus 34:5 – 7
• The God of the universe is wanting to have a relationship with you – what is your response?