Summary: Sermon outline for Ascension Sunday. From Christ’s present position at the Father’s right hand of power He rains down blessings upon His people.
SHOWERS OF BLESSING
This is Ascension Sunday. Christ reigns now at the Father’s right hand. This is the basic meaning of the Ascension. From Christ’s position at the Father’s side, He rains down blessings upon His people.
A. Christ Won the Decisive Battle on the Cross and Reigns As King
1. The Kingdom of God Is -- “Now, But Not Yet”
a. Satan is bound and defeated, but not eliminated (Matthew 12:28-29)
b. We have the first fruits of victory over death and evil (1 Corinthians 15:20-28)
2. The King Enthroned, And Giving Gifts
B. The Blessings of the Reigning and Returning King
1. Our Place with God Prepared (John 14:2)
2. Our Position in Christ Now (Ephesians 2:1, 4-10)
3. Our Powerful New Perspective on Life (Colossians 3:1-4 [5-11])
Re-read Ephesians 2:4-10.
Receive the Gift of God today. Receive Christ by faith, and receive all the blessings He desires to shower down on you.