Summary: Every sin has a price
Sin and Consequences
(6) And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
(7) And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
(8) And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
(9) And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
(10) And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
We all know that every sin has it’s consequences, tonite we are gonna look at the price we pay for every sin we commit.
From the very first sin committed in the Garden of Eden, to the sins we may have committed today.
First we need to look at the price paid by Adam and Eve for their sin, in order to understand how big the price was, you need to understand what God had originally planned for them. When God formed Adam he was put in a beautiful garden, a garden which had every kind of fruit you can imagine, and all the vegetables you could ever eat, and all Adam had to do was tend to the garden and he and Eve would live happily ever after. But, the best benefit of all was that God Himself would come and walk with Adam every evening and have long talks with him. Can you imagine that? Being able to walk and talk with God everyday. But when Adam sinned he lost that privilege.
We all know that we are not supposed to sin, but why? Why is it wrong to sin? Is sin just something that preacher’s come up with to ruin all your fun? Is all sin bad, are there such things as big sins and little sins? Are you supposed to be perfect, are you going to be perfect? What makes it a sin? How do you know if you have sinned? What do you do when you do sin? Sin is not a game, every sin has consequences. Tonight we are going to look at some of the consequences that come from sin.
1. Sin brings shame
Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Sin in a Christian’s life causes shame and it hampers your walk with God, no matter how big or how small, sin is still sin. Remember when you were a child and you were caught doing something wrong, you were ashamed to have to face your parents because you knew you had let them down, well as Christians we should feel the same way when we sin against God. When we sin we bring shame to our Lord, the bible says in the book of Hebrews:
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
If you can commit sin and not feel ashamed about it, then I have to question if you are really saved.
2. Sin brings an urge to blame someone else