Summary: Genesis 1:1-31 reports that all of creation was during six literal days and Gen. 1:11&12, 21, 24&25 teach that everything reproduces after its own kind and evolutionist can not provide any true missing links that are half ape and half man.
1. Open your bibles please to Genesis 4:4-10.
2. The title for our lesson is EVOLUTION AND IT’S THEORIES ABOUT CREATION ARE FALSE BUT THE SIX DAYS OF CREATION AS TAUGHT IN THE BIBLE IS TRUE!
3. The background for Genesis 4:4-10 is that the two sons of Adam and Eve had offered sacrifices to God. Abel had offered a sacrifice that was according to what God had requested and God was pleased with Abel.
(1) Cain had disobeyed God and God was displeased with Cain. Cain was jealous of Abel and killed Abel.
(2) We are not going to read Genesis 4:4-10 so that we might discuss the matter of the right kind worship.
(3) We’re going to use the statement that Cain makes to God. Cain was wondering whether he was to be “his brother Abel’s keeper”. We are going to use this question of Cain to help teach the falsehood of evolution.
(3) Let’s read Genesis 4:4-10, “4 Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the LORD respected Abel and his offering, 5 but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell. 6 So the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.” 8 Now Cain talked with Abel his brother; and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him. 9 Then the LORD said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” He said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?” 10 And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground.”
4. I want share something with you that will start your thinking process to rolling and that will let you know that there is a major difference in conclusions that the theory of evolution causes one to have when they believe in evolution.
5. Here is a question: if you believe in the theory of evolution and believe that man evolved from an ape or a gorilla does that mean that in some way apes and men are brothers? The theory or evolution would say, “yes, in some ways men and apes are brothers.”
6. Here is another question: If gorillas and men are brothers does that mean that, like the bible teaches, that brotherly gorillas and brotherly men are to be brother’s keeper to one another?
7. The following illustration was Contributed by a Mr. Melvin Newland. His illustration helps a person to understand that the theory of evolution is false.
Mr. Newland says, “Maybe you’ve heard about the gorilla in a zoo holding a Bible in one hand & a book about evolution in the other. The gorilla was looking confused, so someone asked, “What are you doing?” The gorilla answered, “Well, I’m trying to decide if I’m my brother’s keeper or my keeper’s brother.”
(1) The theory of evolution would teach the gorilla that he was a brother to the zoo keeper.
(2) The bible would teach the gorilla that since he was a brother to the zoo keeper then he also had the duty of being a “brother’s keeper” to the Zoo Keeper.
(3) The illustration is ridiculous but it also helps to see how ridiculous it is to believe in the theory of Evolution.
8. Let’s discuss things that teach that the bible is correct about the six days of creation and that the theories of evolution are false.
1. Have you ever thought about the fact that God could have created the earth and the universe and everything that are apart of them in less than six days if He had wanted to?
(1) Actually God took His time in taking six days for all of His creation.
(2) If God had wanted to God could have created everything by speaking just one single word.
2. Let’s read Genesis 1:1-5 & then verse 31, “1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.”