Summary: SIX THINGS GOD HAS CALLED US FROM TO DO AND HAVE! In this sermon outline we share 6 different calls from God to our hearts and live to give us strength to run the race and have the victory in our lives. Many times we are so busy we do not here God callin
SIX THINGS GOD HAS CALLED US FROM TO DO AND HAVE!
In this sermon outline we share 6 different calls from God to our hearts and live to give us strength to run the race and have the victory in our lives. Many times we are so busy we do not here God calling.
I. Called from labor to rest. (Matt. 11:28) Matthew 11:28 (KJV) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
A. One reason He calls us to rest is to learn of Him and to lean on Him. Matthew 11:29-30 (KJV) 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
B. He do want us to work but also rest so we can go back to work. "The hardest thing about milking cows," observed a farmer, " is that they never stay milked.
A. We can know we have this life. We know that we have passed from death unto life…
B. This life is abundant and eternal.
1. Death is not extinguishing the light from the Christian; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
2. God buries His workmen, but not His work.
III. Called from bondage to liberty. (Gal 5:13) Galatians 5:13 (KJV) For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
A. Jesus makes us free first through TRUTH and second by He setting us free.
B. Peter Marshall, prayer before the U.S. Senate. Lord Jesus, thou who art the way, the truth, and the life; hear us as we pray for the truth that shall make all free. Teach us that liberty is not only to be loved but also to be lived. Liberty is too precious a thing to be buried in books. It costs too much to be hoarded. Help us see that our liberty is not the right to do as we please, but the opportunity to please to do what is right.
IV. Called out of darkness into light. (1 Pet. 2:9) 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
A. Matthew 5:14 (KJV) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
1. We are the light because He is the Light and we are reflectors of His Light. John 8:12 (KJV) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
2. Some people change their ways when they see the light, others only when they feel the heat. We need the fire of the Holy Spirit.
V. Called from bondage to peace. (1 Cor. 7:15 1 Corinthians 7:15 (KJV) But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
A. He calls us from bondage to give us His peace. John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
1. The world may give us problems and mountains but in the midst of our trails He give us Peace.
2. Peace that Jesus gives is not the absence of trouble, but is rather the confidence that He is there with you always.
3. Safety consists not in the absence of danger but in the presence of God.
VI. Called to the fellowship of His Son. (1 Cor. 1:9) 1 Corinthians 1:9 (KJV) God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
A. Think of this, God want to have fellowship with us.
1. He wants to be our friend as well as savior, Lord and God.
2. My mother along with millions of others love that old hymn ‘What a friend we have in Jesus’