Summary: I use a puppet... We desire to be the King? King of what? David's call required patience and learning to rely on the spirit, not the flesh.
KING OF WHAT?
THE BATTLE OF THE HEART... THE BATTLE OF THE FLESH VS THE SPIRIT...
I WAITED ALL THIS TIME FOR THIS? KING OF THE ROCKS?
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
I take a PUPPET to the pulpit with me...controlled by another...
Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that
soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
2 Samuel 3:6 And it came to pass, while there was war between the house of Saul and the house
of David, that Abner made himself strong for the house of Saul.
 And Saul had a concubine, whose name was Rizpah, the daughter of Aiah: and Ish-bosheth
said to Abner, Wherefore hast thou gone in unto my father's concubine?
 Then was Abner very wroth for the words of Ish-bosheth, and said, Am I a dog's head, which
against Judah do shew kindness this day unto the house of Saul thy father, to his brethren,
and to his friends, and have not delivered thee into the hand of David, that thou chargest me
to day with a fault concerning this woman?
I. WE NEED TO ESTABLISH A FEW THINGS TO UNDERSTAND TODAY'S LESSON...
A. HEBRON TYPE THAT LOOKS LIKE FAILURE/ DOOM? HEBRON IS THE TYPE OF GOD'S
HEART/ GOD'S WILL... CANNOT SEE?
1. Hebron is mention about 40 times in the Old Testament and none in the New Testament.
Hebron is one of the oldest known cities in Israel.
Hebron is in the DEAD SEA AREA...
2. Abraham set his tent here under the OAKS OF MAMRE.
3. A city in the south of Israel.
A little NOBODY TYPE OF PLACE...
4. ROCKS AND MORE ROCKS ARE THE NORM FOR HEBRON.
5. HEBRON WAS OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH.
Hebron was a LEVITICAL (Priest City.)
Hebron became one of the CITIES OF REFUGE where people could flee.
6. THE CAVE OF MACHPELAH...
THIS AREAS GREATEST CLAIM TO FAME IS IT IS THE BURIAL SPOT OF SARAH.
Recall the when Sarah died ABRAHAM bought this piece of ground from:
EPHRON THE HITTITE.
7. Today there is a GREAT MOSQUE called MACHPELAH there. Arabs/Islamic people
travel to on pilgrimages.
8. HEBRON IS A TYPE OF NOTHINGNESS, ROCKS, HARD PLACE
B. WE NEED TO KNOW WHO DAVID IS THE TYPE OF PLEASING GOD,
A TYPE LIKE JESUS
1. David the 8TH son of Jessie, son of Obed, son of BOAZ and RUTH...
We do not know David's mother's name?
2. Faithful shepherd boy...
David played music: flute, harp...
3. NEVER FORGET PREPARATIONAL TIME... killed lion and bear...
4. Old preacher SAMUEL comes to Bethlehem and ANOINTS AS 2ND KING OF ISRAEL...
Then David has to go back to SHEPHERD BOY STUFF?
5. HE PLAYED MUSIC FOR KING SAUL when Saul was troubled...
6. David carried CHEESE and bread to his 3 warrior brothers...
7. THE BATTLE WITH GOLIATH OPENS THE DOORS OF OPPORTUNITY.
C. WE NEED TO KNOW WHO ISH-BOSHETH IS A TYPE OF THE FLESH,
MEN DOING BY MANIPULATION...
2 Samuel 2:8 But Abner the son of Ner, captain of Saul's host, took Ish-bosheth
the son of Saul, and brought him over to Mahanaim;
 And made him king over Gilead, and over the Ashurites, and over Jezreel, and
over Ephraim, and over Benjamin, and over all Israel.
1. ISH-BOSHETH IS THE ONLY SURVIVING SON OF SAUL...