Summary: Let us note some things which God puts first. What God puts first, we must not put second. When we seek first the Kingdom of God, then all these things shall be ADDED.
SOME THINGS GOD PUTS FIRST
INTRODUCTION: Let us note some things which God puts first. What God puts first, we must not put second. When we seek first the Kingdom of God, then all these things shall be ADDED.
I. FIRST, CLEANSE THE INSIDE OF THE CUP
(Mat 23:26 KJV) Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
(1) This is a picture of Reformation versus Regeneration.
Trash Cans, Pigs and Lipstick, Barns and Paint
(2) Reformation only takes care of the outside.
(3) Regeneration takes care inside and outside.
II. FIRST, CAST OUT THE BEAM OUT OF THINE OWN EYE. (Mat 7:5 KJV) Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Mote; a very small dry particle, a speck.
(1) This shows the danger of the love of self.
(2) This shows an attitude of unkindness.
(3) This shows the need of getting right yourself.
III. FIRST, BE RECONCILED TO THY BROTHER
(Mat 5:23-24 KJV) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
(1) This shows our need of being right with our brother.
(2) This shows if we really love the Lord.
(3) This shows the way we are accepted in Christian worship.
IV. FIRST, GIVE YOURSELF TO GOD
(2 Cor 8:5 KJV) And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
(1) This shows us how the Lord wants to be first.
First Commandment: Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
(2) This shows when we give ourselves then we will give all we have.
(3) This is a picture of complete consecration.
V. FIRST, GIVE FIRST PLACE TO GOD
(1 Ki 17:13 KJV) And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
(1) When God has first place then miracles follow.
(2) When God has first place the need is supplied.
VI. FIRST, SHOW RELIGION AT HOME
(1 Tim 5:4 KJV) But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to show piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.
(l) The first place to manifest Christian graces is at home.
We must be consistant.
(2) The most difficult place to manifest Christian graces is at home.
(3) The proving ground for Christianity is at home.
VII. FIRST, SEEK THE KINGDOM OF GOD
(Mat 6:33 KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
(1) At the first of each day. Prayer: Gets us started!
(2) At the first day of each week (At church). Organizes our Priorities.