Summary: God has some things you don’t want to miss out on
A) Birthdays / Anniversaries ... Wife looks at you & says, "You know what today is?"
* Thomas missed something ... Thomas missed Sunday night church!
B) Does it matter if you miss one service? * Thomas ... why wasn’t he there?
* Do you think it was important for them to be there on the day of Pentecost when the Holy
Spirit came? * What if they had not been there!
C) There are a lot of things we miss out on in this life because we wasn’t there!
* But there are some things in the future that God has for them that love Him,
* And I don’t want to miss them!
(1) I DON’T WANT TO MISS BEING SAVED AND LOVING JESUS!
* How many of you believe being saved is the greatest life in the world?
A) It’s Better Than Dope And Booze! * Why do people take drugs & drink alcohol?
* To get high! * They like the kick it gives them! * When I got my teeth pulled .......
B) Do you know why I’m saved? * I like the kick it gives me!
* People takes drugs to make them feel good ... Being saved feels good!
* So, I don’t want to miss being saved and loving Jesus!
(2) I DON’T WANT TO MISS THE SERVICE! * Matt.18:20 "For where two or ......."
* A lot of church members seemingly are content to be absent when the church services are
going on, but for me, I want to be there!
A) I Don’t Want To Miss The Service! * Did you listen to what Jesus said in Matt.18:20?
* If two or three get together in the Lord’s name, He is going to be in the midst to bless!
* I don’t want to miss the blessing! * Ps.122:1 "I was glad when they said ......."
B) I Want To Do Something This Morning!
* Going to church ought to make Clemson tigers look like little pussy-cats!
* Going to church ought to make the Gamecocks look like dibby-chickens!
C) We ought to have fun going to church! * "Can’t wait to get there!" * Let’s have church!
* Here’s what I want to do! * Sing ... "Alleluia ....... Praise ye the Lord"
* There’s some things I don’t want to miss and I don’t want to miss the service!
(3) I DON’T WANT TO MISS THE SHOUT! * 1 Thes.4:16-17 "For the Lord ......."
* I like that phrase, "For the Lord Himself ..." * Not an angel, not the Holy Spirit, but Jesus!
A) "With a shout ..." * That word "shout" means: with the word of command!
* The shout with which the general gives a command to his troops, ordering them into battle,
or to march, or a captain gives to the crew on his ship!
* The Commander-in-Chief of the universe will shout louder than any voice has ever shouted!
B) There will not only be a shout, but "the voice of the archangel will cry out!"
* What will he cry out? * Probably for all the angels to join in praise for this glorious event!
* Christ taught that the heavenly angels would be with Him when He returned to earth!
C) Matt.24:31 "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall ......."
* Matt.25:31 "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with ......."
D) "Then the trump of God shall sound!" * The trumpet has always been for the purpose: