Summary: There is something special about the church because it is a place where one finds beauty, it is a place for the bewildered, it is a place where one finds beginings, and it is a place where one finds blessings.
There is something special at this place’
The Psalmist longs for the House of The Lord
1. It is a Special Place because of its Beauty
• vs. 1How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty!
A. It is Beautiful because Believers are Bathed in Glory
• There is a fountain that cleanses one from sin and impurity.
B. It is Beautiful because the Believer finds his or her Potential
• . "Everything is possible for him who believes."
2. The Church is a Special Place because it is the Place of Beginnings
• The Psalmist or David says, 2My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD;
A. It where one Begins a new Pilgrimage or Journey
• 5Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
B. It is a Special Place because you begin a new Partnership (You and Jesus )
• 13Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. 14He appointed twelve--designating them apostles
C. It is a Special Place because you begin a new Passion
• . 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to something; and something , when it is full-grown, gives birth to something.
D. It is a Special Place because you begin a New Person old man is dead and a new man arise
3. The Church is a Special Place because It is where the Bewildered can come
• vs 3Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young-- a place near your altar,
A. It is a special place because The Sparrow is the least of the birds yet God cares for the Sparrow
B. It is a special place because The Bewildered that need shelter find the haven of rest for the weary
C. It is a special place because The Bewildered find structure for life .
• 2 Peter 3:18But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
D. It is a special place because The Bewildered find Safety Isaiah said,
• "18My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest. 19Though hail flattens the forest and the city is leveled completely, 20how blessed you will be,
4. It is a Special Place because it is where one finds Blessings
• 5Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
A. Those that enter its gate are blessed
4Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.
B. It is a special place because we are blessed with the source of Light in the church
• 11For the LORD God is a sun
C. It is a special place because one is blessed with the Shield of the Almighty (God's Kingdom reigns)
• 11For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
D. It is a special Place because one is blessed to be endowed with favor and honor
• the LORD bestows favor and honor;
E. It is a Special Place because one is blessed to have Good
• vs 11no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. 12O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.
• Proverbs 25Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land. Good news Jesus saves Jesus saves