Summary: SOWING KNOWING THAT WE WILL REAP
"Sowing for Today"
Gal 6:7 "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."
Mat 25:26 " His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?"
INTRO: The laws of nature are vast and easy to understand when we base them on our own needs. When we share the law of sowing and reaping, as we will during this month I will share with you some practical thoughts on how we can benefit from this law.
I. THE LAW OF SOWING AND REAPING
1) The Explanation
(1) Law - a rule or order that it is advisable or obligatory to observe
(2) Sowing - to plant seed for growth with the intention of reaping (to get (something, such as a
reward) as a result of something that you have done
2) The Results
(1) We sow, since the beginning of our existence
i. Our character and personality
ii. Our actions in life
(2) We reap what we have given
i. Something that we should expect
ii. Something we cannot avoid
II. JESUS AND THE PARABLE OF THE TALENTS
1. He specifically calls us
1)Mat. 25:14 "Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his
servants and entrusted his property to them"
2. He entrust us with His property
3. He expects the benefits of the Law: Sowing and Reaping
1) His words to the servant of one talent
1)Mat 25:26 " His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you
knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I
have not scattered seed?" So you knew
i. "That I harvest where I have not sown"
ii. "Gather where I have not scattered seed"
2) It's a law within us
III. THE LAW WITHIN US
1. We have to be masters of our situation
1) We might have 5, 2 or 1,
2) Let us use our circumstances to reap a harvest
(1) instead of feeling sorry for ourselves
(2) instead of just complaining
(3) instead of comparing ourselves with others
2. Let us give a profitable return for the gift entrusted
1) Did we deserve what has been given to us?
2) What we have is a privilege
3. This servant’s limited knowledge of his master
1) he knew only the man’s stern side but not his love
2) Many believers today know only a God of rules and wrath, so
they float passively and attempt to excuse their sins of omission
3) God has given us ample opportunity to learn of his love
IV. LET US REAP TODAY WHAT WE HAVE SOWED
Mat 25:21 "His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!"
1. Praise - "Well done, good and faithful servant
2. Reward - "I will put you in charge of many things
3. Present - Come and share your masters happiness