Summary: God wants His people, His church, to be delivered from any incapacities so that His kingdom will grow.
Matt 15: 29-31
(KJV)…29And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there. 30And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus’ feet; and he healed them: 31Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.
INCAPACITIES - DISABILITY, inadequate strength or ability. Lack of capacity.
-it is a condition where a certain person is not capable of acting or functioning normally.
- This condition of incapacities, disabilities, is preventing the person to live, to act to the fullest and having a normal
- A state where the person cannot perform naturally. It has abnormalities.
***Reasons of being incapacities:
- By birth –
- By acts of others –
- By own carelessness –
- By choice –
*** Since the person is in the condition of being incapable, he has disability… THE PERSON IS CONSIDERED UNHEALTHY!
-The first thing in mind is to see a doctor, take medicine… and do all the things necessary to make us well.. or healthy.
-Nobody wants to stay unhealthy.
-Nobody wants to stay unfit.
-Everybody wanted to be healthy, capable, able to do the things we wishes to do.
***Today, we will look some events where our Lord Jesus Christ heals some unhealthy persons, disable persons… so please be patient to me as we study “SPIRITUAL INCAPACITIES”.
***WHAT IS THE INCAPACITY? DISABILITY? – WALKING
- The person’s problem is related to his feet!
- He cannot walk.
- The incapacity is on his ability to walk normally.
- He got the legs, the feet… but they are not able to bring him/her into the place he/she wanted to go.
***THE PERSON NEEDS ALWAYS SOMETHING OR SOMEONE TO HELP HIM/HER SO THAT HE CAN GO ANYWHERE.
*** HIS ACTION OR MOVEMENT IS DEPENDENT TO OTHERS…. EITHER IN THINGS… OR PEOPLE.
- Without those things... THEY ARE IMMOBILE.
***NOTE – NOT REFERRING ON MAKING LIFTS!
A. THEY ARE DEPENDENT TO OTHERS
B. THEY ARE IMMOBILE… STAGNANT.
C. WORSE … IT STINK!
- A moving train is very hard to bring to stop. Even putting an obstacle in his rails, he will push it through.
- But an immobile, stationary train, is cannot be move by putting a small block on his rail. It needs lots of power to move it.
***Keep on going! Don’t give chance the enemy to bring us to stop!
Isaiah 52:7…How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"
*** WHAT IS THE INCAPACITY? DISABILITY – SEEING
- The person’s problem is related to the eyes!
- He got probable eyes… but they could not see.
- He can walked unlike the lame…
- He can talked unlike the mute…
- But HE COULDN’T SEE!
- He got no VISION!
***NO VISSIBILITY - NO VISION!
- All he could see is darkness!
- No matter others would tell him how good his surroundings, for him is DARKNESS!
- HE KNOWS ONLY ONE COLOR – BLACK!
*** Thank GOD on the rainbow that He had made… there is no color black! For in God there is always light!
John 1:4 … In HIM was life, and that life is the light of men.
John 8:12 …When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
- This kind of person can’t appreciate things.
- He can’t see good things.
- All He knows is HIS LITTLE SURROUNDINGS!
***NO CARE FOR OTHERS… NO COMPASSION.
- They can’t see… therefore they don’t care!
- Put a needy on his side, unless you tell him… he will not know… he will not care…
***FEARFUL … VERY SENSITIVE
- every step that he will take… there is a fear inside of him that he is taking the right path.
- Fear to fall.
- Fear to be hit.
- Fear to hit somebody.
- Fear that the step he is taking that will be his last steps.
2 Tim 1:7… For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
III. MUTE – DUMB
*** WHAT IS THE INCAPACITY? DISABILITY – SPEAKING
- It is related to his mouth, to his tongue.
- There is problem in his words.