Summary: What is SPIRITUAL WARFARE and how does it affect the christian and non-christain
ONCE YOU ARE SAVED, THERE IS A BATTLE TO BE FOUGHT:
IT IS CALLED SPIRITUAL WARFARE
Yet despite Satan’s vast arsenal of devices and deceptions, a few, by the grace of God, come to Jesus when "He" calls. They come by faith and surrender all to Jesus. They follow Him. They have overcome the many devices and deceptions of the devil by the mercy of God through faith.
Now they face a new battle. Satan can be expected to attack the new Christian in ways that do not even come to his mind. As it is written
This fiery trial or battle that a person goes through is called "spiritual warfare."
SPIRITUAL WARFARE: THE BATTLE
We are in a spiritual battle, a spiritual war, a spiritual fight, a spiritual wrestling match, a spiritual struggle
2 Tim 2:3-4
As a follower of Jesus Christ, you are a soldier. You are in a war. That war is against Satan. It is against the forces of darkness.
This battle never ends until we die. If we are on Satan’s side, the Lord may deal with us to get us to repent. If we are on the Lord’s side, Satan tries to cause us to fall
Do not underestimate Satan and his powers to deceive.
As it is written, BE SOBER, BE VIGILANT (be on your guard, be alert); BECAUSE YOUR ADVERSARY THE DEVIL, AS A ROARING LION, WALKETH ABOUT, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR-1 Peter 5:8.
SATAN. His ability to put obstacles in your path is great.
· He deceives some that are going to hell into believing there is no hope.
· He also deceives others that are going to hell into believing they are really going to heaven.
· Those that are saved, Satan often tries to deceive them into thinking they are not.
What an Army Needs to be aware of!!
· An army that is going to war that teaches nothing but victory, health, and success will lose the war.
· An army that is prepared for the battle will win.
· The army needs to know about the enemy;
· The army need to know who the enemy is
· The army needs to know how the enemy will attack and what weapons he will attack with.
· The army needs to know when the enemy will attack and from where, and to be ready at all times.
· The army needs to know, if they get wounded, what they must do to get healed.
· The army needs to know, if they get captured, what they must do to get free.
· The army must know what weapons they have available and how to use them.
This comes from first being trained, then practice, and finally engaging the enemy, and on to victory.
All facts of warfare must be taught and practiced, lest the enemy gain an advantage and win the war.
1. We need to know who the enemy is and all there is to know about him, his tactics, and his capabilities.
2. We also need to know our own weapons and capabilities.
3. We need to know the consequences of surrender to the enemy.
4. We need to know when to use our weapons and when not to.
5. We need to be ever vigilant, for our enemy the devil goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour or conquer.
A person that is never taught about the battle he is in will probably lose.
A person that is taught nothing but victory, success, health, and prosperity will go forth with great zeal but little knowledge.
He will be unprepared for the onslaught of the enemy.
You may go forth with the most advanced and powerful weapons, but these are of little value, if the enemy successfully sneaks up behind you and takes you by surprise. This is exactly what the enemy is planning to do.
Jesus had the victory, but do you?
Will you hold firm to the end, or will you fall into Satan’s cunning deceit working in your mind?
Will you be defeated and never realize it till the judgment?
Beware, lest it happen so slowly that you never recognize you are backsliding.
1. -Proverbs 11:9.
2. -Isa 5:13,14.
Beware. Satan will try to keep you from reading your Bible, as it is your spiritual warfare instruction manual.
It covers everything you need to know.
There is strife between people in the churches today.
There are battles between the preachers and deacons. There are arguments in Bible studies and in church business and planning meetings.
What is going on?
The battle inside you rages.
IF YOU ARE SAVED
Once you are saved, there shall be a battle fought inside you. It is a battle between the forces of darkness (Satan’s realm) and the forces of light (Jesus is light).