Summary: To show that we are not at all perfect people
JUDE 8 - 13 "SPOTS IN YOUR FEASTS OF CHARITY"
* A lot of people back in the old days would gather together in homes and worship God.
* They called this "Feasts of Charity." * Well, God looked through the roof of this home,
and He saw spots! * Your Pastor would like to say that Faith Church is without spot!
* Note some spots we have in our churches today:
(1) SPOTS OF UNSAVED CHURCH MEMBERS! * They’re sprinkled out in our churches!
* Statistics say that 50% of people on church rolls don’t know what it means to be saved!
A) Now, God knows who you are! * You can’t hide anything from God!
* Jer.23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do
not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord."
* Ps.10:11"He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it."
* Jer.29:15 "Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works
are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?"
* I tell you, you keep trying to hide your sin and God will expose you! Jesus says in Lk.12:2-3,
"For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known."
* "Therefore, whatsoever ye have spoken in the darkness shall be heard in the light; and that
which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops."
C) God knows how you live! * He knows that you’re playing the poker machines!
* He knows the language you use at work! * He knows that you’re shacking up, not married.
* He knows the secret sins that you hide from others! * You’re a spot in the feast of charity!
D) Choir member - Deacons & wives - Preachers & wives - Sunday School teachers;
* Left side of church - middle of church - right side of church - could you be a spot .......?
E) The first family, Cain was a spot! * Esau was a spot! * Ananias & Sapphire was a spot;
* But Preacher, I’ve been coming to your church a long time, I can’t go down & admit I’m not
right with God!" * Lay your pride aside! * Don’t be an unsaved church member!
(2) SPOTS WHERE THERE IS NO LOVE FOR JESUS!
A) Follow Afar Off * Apostle Peter * Sunday morning glories * If their Uncle stumps their toe,
the whole family has to stay out of church.
* It’s amazing how many people it takes to take care of the sick on Sunday.
* People set and think up excuses for staying out of church.
* Dandruff - Peanut Butter - New preacher taking over church, B.P.O. beside names on roll.
B) Glory Seekers * 3 Jn. 9 "I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to ......."
* This is somebody who wants to have all the attention!
* He’s the one who don’t enjoy a good funeral service because the things being said about the
corpse is not being said about him!
* The church today is more like a goat-pen than a sheep-fold! * Too many "buts" in the church!
* Specially at business meetings! * "But Preacher, I don’t see it that way." Or, "I love so & so, but..
C) Critical Ones * Judas criticized Mary for using expensive ointment.
* A critical spirit can grieve the heart of God! * Sign on door, "Come in w/o knocking & go out