Summary: Stand Ye Still & See The Salvation of the LORD!
2 Chronicles Ch 20 1 - 30 Stand Ye Still & See The Salvation of the LORD!
1. Jehoshaphat's Problem - THE APPROACHING ENEMY v 1 & 2 Their Might, Malice,& Menace
2. Jehoshaphat's Preparation - SPIRITUAL PREPARATIONS v 3-5
It Was :- Personnal 3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD Public and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. Priority - 4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD:
3. Jehoshaphat's Prayer - ETERNAL REALITIES 6 & 7 6 And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? A Right Conception Of :-
God's Person, LORD God of our fathers
God's Power, art not thou God in heaven
God's Pardon 7 Art not thou our God,
4. Jehoshaphat's Persuasion - AN AGREEMENT v 8 - 11 9 If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help.
God's Word Is :- Steadfast, Sacred & Sure.
5. Jehoshaphat's Poverty - TOTAL HELPLESSNESS v 12 & 13 12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.
He Was :- Openly Dependent, Nationally Dependent, & Totally Dependent On the Lord. 13 And all Judah stood before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children.
6. Jehoshaphat's Promise -YAHWEH'S ANSWER v 15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
7. Jehoshaphat's Praise - JEHOSHAPHAT'S RESPONSE 18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.
8. Jehoshaphat's Prize - THE EFFECT OF SONG & PRAISE 24 And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
29 And the fear of God was on all the kingdoms of those countries, when they had heard that the LORD fought against the enemies of Israel.
30 So the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet: for his God gave him rest round about.